11

There is a possible trigger warning there is suicide and cutting references so if you don't want to or can't read it please skip the italicized writing thank you
•*•*•*•*•*•*•
Greysons POV
•*•*•*•*•*•*•

I move away from her slightly.

"What the fuck Cora. Are you trying to mess with me or scare me." I don't like the thought of her trying to intentionally scare me.

"Greyson" she tries to touch my hand.

I pull back a bit more seeing the hurt look in her eyes.

"Even if you want nothing to do with me anymore I'll still tell you everything." She said a tear came to her eye. "Like I said my family runs the mafia. The reason why we were at your house was for a raid on your father" my father?

"My father?"

"Yes. He worked with the mafia to get power. To get into the position he's in now and he owed us favors and money. He moved here not knowing and then her proceeded to threaten us cutting all good graces with us. I was worried about you and had my father get you out. I was there of course but I had my fathers men to keep you safe while we cleared the rest of the house."

"My father doesn't do something without reason." I scoff. My father always has reason and it'll always be to benefit him only.

"Gray please." My head snaps up and tears fill my eyes.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
Seven years ago (Greysons POV)
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

My birthday was two weeks ago and I had just turned ten.

Tears streaming down my face as I ran to the closet under the stairs in the penthouse apartment my mama and dad and I live in.

Mama and dad were arguing and dad hitting mom. She screamed and yelled at him.

"Your young son is downstairs. Don't you dare" I could hear momma yell.

Dad then slammed the door open and slammed it shut. And I heard his thundering steps stomp out of the kitchen and the door in the kitchen slam shut signaling he had left the apartment.

I rush out of my hiding spot and run to mama. Her steps were always so quiet and delicate. I could never hear her enter the room.

I look in her room and the the kitchen to see her with a knife.

"Mama. What are you doing." I asked confused.

"Grey please."

"Look away honey. Please go to your room."

"Mama why."

"Grey please just do as I say. I love you so much."

I nod and left the kitchen but peaked through the door to make sure mamma was ok she seamed upset.

She then took the knife and slid it through her left wrist with a scream.

Blood pooled around her cut.

I run over to mom.

"Mommy" I ask tears streaming down my face and grab the phone and dial

"Daddy." I say crying.

"Greyson what is it." He growled

"Mommy's bleeding. She fell and isn't waking up." I cried.

"I coming Greyson. Call 911 and tell them the apartment and address." I then hung up and followed my fathers directions.

We go the news later that the paramedics were to late. She died at the hospital and we had the funeral later that week.

Apparently mama had been cutting earlier that day and a lot too because she has very little blood and why she collapsed so soon.

I lost both parents that week. Dad started to hate me and my mama was dead. The only people I had to not be depressed was the people my father hired. Our personal driver Evan was always nice to me and would sometimes play with me while waiting for my father.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•
Present time (still Greyson)
•*•*•*•*•*•*•

"No" I whisper. No one ever says please to me and if they do they use my full name. I haven't heard that sentence in seven years. The last time I did was when my mom killed herself.

"Greyson"

"No I don't want to loose you too" is what I wanted to say but I didn't.

"Fine" she says her voice breaking.

"Cole is coming to get you." She rushes out of the room hot tears streaming down her face.

"Hey." Cole says when I snap out of my daydream.

"What happened. Cora seemed upset and changed into her gym clothes running off."

"I reacted badly when she told me about the mafia thing" he visibly cringed

"Sorry" I whisper

"It's fine. But what happened. Cora seems really upset and you seem well...like a mess."

I fill him in on everything that Cora had told me and said she triggered some bad memories not wanting to elaborate.

"Cole. Greyson." I hear someone scream while Cole jolts up.

The woman from the kitchen earlier runs in and almost slams into Cole who was by the door.

He puts his hands on her shoulders. "What happened mom. What's going on. Breathe and tell me."

"It's Cora."

"What about her" I jump up.

"She's freaking out. She's screaming and she destroyed the her room and is in the gym." Their mother said.

Cole ran out of the room and I followed.

Once we got to the gym I saw Cora on the floor sobbing her knuckles bloody.

"Cora"

She didn't respond

"Cora" I say louder.

Once again she didn't respond.

I walk over to her and sit on the floor with her. I hug her midsection and pulled her into my lap resting her head on my chest so she can focus on my heartbeat.

"Shh baby it's ok. You're ok. I'm here." I whisper into her ear calming her down surely but slowly.

"Why are you here Greyson. I thought you hated me"

"I don't hate you. I just needed sometime to process everything and what you said brought up bad memories." I slowly stand up keeping her in my arms and hold her tight against my chest.

"We're gonna get you bandages for your hands ok."

"Ok" she said and snuggled into my chest."