22

Greysons POV
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

"NO" I scream.

"No" I say getting quieter and quieter each time.

"You your dead. You died seven years ago." I said tears coming to my eyes and rolling down my cheeks.

"See and here I was thinking the mafia toughened you up but I guess not, you're still a useless crybaby" he sneered

I glare at him anger surging in me and spit at him.

"Some father you are" I grumble as he wipes my spit off his face.

He grabs my chin hard and squeezes making me wince.

"You'll pay for that you little brat" my dad sneered once more before letting go of my face and storming out of the room.

"Mom" I whisper

"He told me you were"

"Dead" she cut me off and sighed

"Your father isn't who he says he is. He's not the man that you were when you were ten." She sighed sadly

"I know mom. He locked me in the basement of his new house and tortured me months ago"

"He said he wouldn't hurt you if I stayed here. The whole thing about me dying at the hospital because I was cutting was bullshit. I was cutting yes but not enough to hurt myself because I couldn't leave you grey. My baby grey." She said.

I wanted to tell her so badly that Cora and everyone were coming to rescue us but the room was probably wired so it would blow everything.

"Mama do you remember our language" I asked her

When I was little meaning about seven I loved playing spy games and we both created a secret writing system that only the two of us know.

I drew out the symbols for help is coming on the dirt floor. But before I did I wrote a warning with the symbols from my childhood telling her to keep a neutral expression.

(A/N: this is what the symbols say —> keep a neutral expression while reading. Read in your head. Help is coming)

She kept the same expression and nodded solemnly.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Today is day three of me being here. The tracker is going to deactivate in my system and go through like it would if it were food.

I hope they know a tracker was activated. My mom looks like she can't take anymore starvation dehydration or any beatings anymore.

They came in three times a day and did whatever they wanted leaving bloody cuts and bruises on the both of us.

We were given a water bottle and tiny chicken wrap for dinner last night and they said we wouldn't get any for a while so we should saver it. When we got them I took one gulp from the water and capped the bottle leaving more then half for mom. I then rolled the water bottle over.

It stopped when it rolled against her leg. I then did the same with the chicken wrap that was incased in tinfoil.

"Grey you need this" she said.

"No mom. You need it more than I do. I'm fine. I drank a bit I'll be good. Just please take it" I ask worried.

She sighed and ate the food once she was done with hers and drank her water saving the other bottle for later.

A guard came in. It was dark in here so I couldn't see who it was.

I also see something large in his hand.

He walks over and I cower away slightly hoping not to have a panic attack. I've been avoiding having any by using the techniques Ella taught me to cope and the hope Cora will come to get us.

"Shh" the guard said

Suddenly he lifts the large object and separated what looks like bars and lowers it to my leg.

It clamps onto something and I here a crunch.

I gasp but not in pain like I thought I would.

He cut the chain. I could leave if I had a plan. But I would never leave mom.

He then walks over and cuts the chain on her leg severing the metal connected to the ground.

I then recognize who this guard was.

"Evan" I breathe out in relief

"It's good to see you again Greyson" he smiled.