9

Cora's house above
•*•*•*•*•*•
Cora's POV
•*•*•*•*•*•

It was a quick drive to HQ considering you could see it in the distance of Greysons house. Though it did take almost ten minutes to get there. Our HQ has been around for a long time in our mafia's history.

Our HQ was an old warehouse overlooking the water and it has a large field surrounding it. It also has a small wooded area and a abandoned vibe most people can't help but stay away from.

It is owned by my family and it's considered private property so the cops can't come poking around here unless we call them which will never happen or they have a search warrant.

We pull up to HQ and see my mom and some nurses along with one of the doctors that work for us. My dad had called ahead of time to make sure Greyson could get the medical attention he needed as soon as possible.

My mom and the doctor rushed him into one of the doctors offices we have. It is like a regular one with everything but just in a mafia head quarters.

They then rolled Greysons gurney out of the van and into one of the doctors offices we have.

I was about to go in when Cole stopped me.

"Don't. He'll be in pain and you'll want to kill the doctor. Let him get help and you can see him after. He needs this." Cole is right so I let my arm go limp and start walking with him to the twins room that's in HQ. Mom and dad made sure we all have a room here as a just in case since once we're older we might have to stay over night.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

It took an hour for the doctor to do a check up on what he could and he even had to sew up some of Greysons wounds.

He was also still unconscious but breathing. The good thing was he was breathing and his body didn't give out. They had said he lost a lot of blood there.

Currently we are moving him to my house and into a guest bedroom considering he's in stable condition.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
Greysons POV
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

The second my eyes open my head starts pounding. The room is dark curtains not drawn and I'm in a comfortable bed.

I'm disoriented for a second until I remember what had happened in the last hour I was awake before now.

I look over to the nightstand next to the bed I'm on and see a sticky note with my moms locket and my picture with her.

"I hope these were the things you we talking about. When you wake up come down stairs to meet me. If I'm not there someone should be and they can tell you where I am. I want to talk to you about everything baby. See you when you wake up.
~C. "

I blush as I read the second to last sentence. What was going on between me and Cora. I remember the kiss before she brought me...here I guess and I don't know what that means for us.

I shake off the dizziness and walk down the hall and make a turn only to find a dead end. I retrace my steps and try to find the room I was in. I don't know where I was.

I huff in annoyance.

I calm down and walk back down the hallway and try the other turn and peak into the room I thought was mine. I celebrate when I see the note Cora had left me my moms locket and the picture of us.

I take the straightaway in the opposite direction then last time And make a left turn. I am soon greeted by a staircase going down in front of a large window .

Slowly and cautiously I make my way down the stairs to see a large living room that doubled as a sitting area.

People were on the couches and furniture that was scattered in the room. The way the furniture was placed around the room accented it more and made it look fancy and elegant.

Once I was on the last step it creaked and all eyes were on me.

"Hi" I said awkwardly and I saw one person I actually recognized.

Cole.

He offers me a friendly smile and gets up.

"How you feeling man." He asks.

"Fine I guess." I answer honestly.

"Alright. Just a heads up those are my twin brothers Austin and Alex and my little sisters Hunter and Zoe and some of our friends and cousins."

"Oh...hi" I say getting a little nervous "do you know where Cora is" I ask Cole.

"Yeah I think she's in the kitchen helping my mom" he answers and motions for me to follow. I do and he leads me to a massive kitchen that looks like it was made for a world class chef. It was amazing.

(So you guys can get an idea of what the kitchen looks like pretty much both of these combine like I said it's supposed to be really big for a normal kitchen

(So you guys can get an idea of what the kitchen looks like pretty much both of these combine like I said it's supposed to be really big for a normal kitchen.🙃)

"I'll see you guys later." Was the last thing Cole said as he exited the kitchen. Cora was sitting at the island peeling potatoes with a older woman that shared some of her features but she got her hair color though lighter and eye color from her dad. She seamed to be an even mix of both parents.

She turns to look at me still holding the knife she was using to peel the potatoes in her hand while I flush in embarrassment.

"Hi" I mumble and quietly looking down.