1st Place (SHINee Minho) [Romance] Part 1

"And now, Crescent High School's ace runner...(Y/N)!" The announcer exclaimed. You breathed deeply and ran out into the field, smiling brightly and waving to the crowd. You saw your boyfriend, Kai, smiling and waving at you. You smiled and waved back, getting into place on the track.

The other competitors glanced at you nervously, bending down and getting into place for the race. You let out a breath and calmed down, clearing your head before the 100m sprint. Everything was drowned out, and you looked up with a determined gaze. The sound of a gunshot, and you pushed off, sprinting forward. Your muscles stretched and your heartbeat sped up as you gained speed, putting your all in as you had a burst of energy and crossed the finish line.

You let out a tired breath and put your hands on your knees, breathing heavily. Ugh, I need my inhaler....hurry up announcer... "The winner is...............(Y/N), with an outstanding 11 seconds!" The announcer exclaimed. You let out a relieved squeal and threw your hands up in victory, laughing giddily.

The roar of the crowd was almost painful, their cheers echoing off the stadium walls. Your classmates flooded the field as they lifted you up in victory,handing you the first place trophy. You cheered loudly, lifting the trophy up for everyone to see. "Another win for Crescent High! Congratulations, and that concluded the Sports Festival! Thank you to everyone for coming!" the announcer said.

You laughed as you were put down on the ground. Suddenly, a hand tapped your shoulder, and you turned around to see the schools star athlete, Choi Minho. He smiled widely at you, extending a hand. "Congratulations, that was amazing. I've never seen a anyone move that fast. Ever since you transferred here from America, I knew there was something about you." He said with a grin.

You blushed and looked down, bowing in thanks. Minho was a person you looked up to, and considered a rival. He was always nice to you though, even if you were a foreigner. You were awkward with him at first, but that slowly melted away as you saw his kindness was real and he only wanted to help you. You thought you even had a crush on him, but that was impossible, since, well, you had a boyfriend.

"Thank you. I really appreciate that Minho." You said with a wide smile. Minho smiled and looked as if he wanted to tell you something, when suddenly you were picked up and spun around. You squealed and looked down to see Kai, smirking. "Yah, let me down! I was talking to someone you know!" You said with a giggle. He let you down, facing away from Minho. "I know, but don't talk to other guys. It makes me jealous." He said with a pout.

You giggled, shaking your head. "Yah, I don't want to be rude..." you said. You turned back to apologize to Minho, but he wasn't there. "Huh? He's gone..." you murmured. "And you said you're rude. Come on, let's go back." Kai said, looping his arm around your waist and leading you away. Where could Minho have gone....?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Seriously, he tells me to go inside with him, then he just leaves me...." you muttered, drying your dripping hair with a towel. You had just showered and were planning what to wear to the school after-party, waiting for Kai on a bench outside.

Ugh, I'm getting tired of this. I'm looking for him. You stood up and roamed around campus, when suddenly you heard Kai's voice behind the gym. "There you are..." you muttered, but froze when you turned the corner. There was Kai, making out with another girl. It was a girl from another school, you could tell by her uniform. You gasped and hid behind the corner as they paused, the girl giggling and pushing Kai away.