Eddie Brock

(Y/N)'s POV

I walked into Jonah's office.

"Mr. Jameson I've got--"

I saw the guy from yesterday. What was his name? Ed Brick?

He looked up to me, and then back at Jonah.

'Is he selling those photos of me? Hell no!'

I walked over to them.

"What's going on here?"

"Oh, (L/N)," Jonah said. "This is the new guy."

Ed shook my hand. "Eddie Brock," he said.

'Oh, it's Eddie Brock. Okay.'

"(Y/N) (L/N)," I said.

"You're (Y/N) (L/N)?" he said. "You're a lot younger than I expected."

"Gee, thanks," I said in monotone.

I handed Jonah my pictures.

"I got you this," I said.

Jonah showed me Eddie's photo.

"He got me this," he said.

"Well, sir, I--"

"You're fired," he said.

"What?" I was a little shocked, despite the fact that this is probably the 6th time he'd fired me this month. "Why?"

"New guy here has the better photos," he said. "Also, he's cheaper."

I groaned.

Eddie stepped over to Jonah.

"Not to disrespect you, sir," he said, "but (Y/N) here has been with you for a very long time now, and I'd say his photos are quite astounding."

I was pretty surprised that the new competition was trying to keep me from getting fired. Not that I needed it. It's pretty much just Jonah's way of venting at someone at this point.

"I'm just saying, he's been getting you the front page for a very long time," Eddie continued, "and, to be honest, I'd be happy to work with him."

Jonah looked at me, and back at Brock.

Timeskip

Eddie and I walked out of the office.

"Though I do appreciate you sticking up for me, I didn't really need it," I said.

"Sure," Eddie said as we headed to the elevator.

"No seriously," I said. "Jonah says 'your fired' so much, it's just an empty threat at this point."

He laughed as we walked into the elevator. "Seriously?"

"Yeah," I said. "Seriously, though, thanks for that."

"It was nothing," he said.

"Why did you do it?" I asked. "I thought I was gonna be your competition."

"Nah," he said. "You're pretty much the reason I came here in the first place."

"Huh?"

"Used to work for another news company. Didn't work out too well. I remembered your photos, and I decided to work here."

"Oh..."

"You inspired me, you know."

I looked at him. "What do you mean?"