Giving In

(Y/N)'s POV

I was walking through the halls of Beacon, on my way back to my dorm.

"That was fun!" Venom said. "We should do it again sometime!"

"Yeah," I said. "It was very satisfying to see Ben's killer get what he deserved. I couldn't have done it without you, Venom."

"I have a feeling we're gonna get along swell!"

I walked noticed a puddle on the floor, and I looked at my reflection.

I rose my hand up to my hair.

"What are you doing?"

"I just thought--"

"No! That's stupid!"

"Fine, sorry."

I walked to my dorm.

Weiss' POV

It was sitting in class again.

Norman appeared again.

I sighed, and squinted, waiting for more of his torture.

Norman had been torturing me for days. I felt like my mind was being torn apart by his yelling. I even started considering listening to him and killing (Y/N) a couple times.

I'd finally realized what Norman was.

He'd first appeared when I'd discovered who Spider-Man was. I had completely changed my viewpoint on him at that point. The fact that he was my friend, the fact that he was always there for me and my teammates, and the fact that he didn't try to reconcile so he could save Ruby. I started to rethink my need to kill him.

But even with this new viewpoint on him, there was still a lingering hatred for what he did to Norman. And that lingering hatred took on the appearance of Norman, and consistently tortured me, telling me to get my revenge.

But this time was different. This time, Norman smiled at me. It wasn't his usual, devious smile. This smile was... genuine.

"What are you waiting for?" I whispered. "Just torture me already! Get it over with!"

"No," he said. "You're finally thinking straight."

"What?" I didn't understand.

"Meet me outside later," he said.

I looked at (Y/N).

'I could just end it here... no! No, I--'

I turned back to Norman, only to realize he was gone.

Timeskip

I walked in front of the school, and I saw Norman, waiting for me.

I walked over to him.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want you to finally do what you've been waiting for all this time!" he said, turning to me.

"I... I don't understand..."

"You've been listening to me," he said.

He was right. I'd gotten sick of the torture, and I'd finally started listening to what he said to shut him up quicker.

"I... I don't know what you're..."

"You've been listening, and you're starting to understand."

"I..." I sighed. "Yes. Yes, I do. But... (Y/N)'s my friend. I can't--"

He turned to me. "You can." He placed his hand on my cheek. "I know you miss me. You miss me more than you miss your own family."

I wanted to hug him, but I knew he wasn't real. Instead, I let tears flow.

"I do," I said. "I miss you so much! I just wish he..."

I started to feel rage boil deep inside of me.

"I just wish (Y/N) hadn't--"

Norman smiled. "That's my girl. Now... you know what to do."

His words began to fade as he disappeared in front of me.

I could feel my anger grow even more than before.

"I do!"