A Huge Mistake

Eddie Brock's POV

Anne was screaming at me.

"Why the hell would you do that?!" she screamed.

"I did what I had to do, Anne!" I said.

"'What you had to do'?!" Anne said. "We have a home! We have food! We have water! Why did we need you to lie to the public like that?!"

"I was just trying to help us! I was trying to make things easier!"

"You really don't get it, do you?" she said. "You lied. You lied to the entire world. Not for any good reason. Not because you wanted to do something for someone else. Not because you were trying to help someone. You did it for a goddamn staff job!"

"Anne, please! I'm sorry, okay? I'll make it right! I swear!"

She stared for a moment. She walked up to me, and she put something in my hand.

"Get out of my house."

Timeskip

I stood outside the front door, staring.

I looked at what Anne gave me.

Our wedding ring.

Tears began to fall from my eyes as I walked away from the house.

Soon, that sadness turned into rage. (Y/N)! That bastard did this! He made me lose everything! I wanted to make him pay! I wanted to make him suffer for what he did to me!

'No,' I thought. 'I can't fight to save my life. I just want all this to end. I just want everything to be over.'

That was when I remembered what (Y/N) said to me.

"You want forgiveness? Get religion!"

Flint Marko's POV

I finally reached the limit the sewer would bring me to.

I moved to the end of the water, making my way to the surface.

I was still made completely out of mud at this point.

I managed to reform my body to its original state.

'That was it! That was all the money I needed! And Spider-Man screwed it all up! That son of a--'

I pulled the locket out of my pocket, and I opened it up. I looked at the photo of Penny.

"Penny..." I whispered.

I needed to help her. I needed to save her. And to do that, I needed the money. And to do that, I needed to get rid of Spider-Man.

I didn't want to hurt anybody, especially someone who wanted to help people, but I didn't have a choice. Penny needed me. And in order to save her, in order to make her healthy again, I needed Spider-Man out of the way!

'I'm sorry, Spider-Man... but I don't have a choice...'

Ruby's POV

I sat on my bed, waiting for (Y/N).

He'd been gone all day, ever since I told him about Weiss. I hadn't managed to get a hold of Weiss. I did manage to get a hold of (Y/N) at one point, but he refused to listen to me. He also continued to say "we". There was something seriously wrong with him, and I needed to talk to him about it.

He walked into our dorm.

"Hey, Ruby!" he said. "What's up?"

I got down from my bed, and I walked up to him.