A New Timeline

Remnant Timeline

Ruby's POV

It was the morning after (Y/N) had last gone out as Spider-Man. He hadn't come home. I was really worried about him. I started to think he'd been killed.

At the moment, I was standing at Mom's grave at the cliff, my hood over my head, and rose petals flowing off my cape with the wind.

"Hey, Mom," I said, taking off my hood. "Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been pretty busy. Oh! Dad's here too. He's, you know... dad. He's still teaching at Signal, but he told me he's going to be going out on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. I miss you too. Haven't got kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang... and (Y/N)... helps. I keep Yang in line. That was a joke. She's actually a great fighter, you can tell she's learned a lot from Dad. Well, so are Weiss, Blake, and (Y/N). Oh! They're my teammates. And... (Y/N)'s my boyfriend. Together, we form Team RWBY. And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, uh, I made a bunch of new friends, and I met some... let's just say odd teachers. And get this! (Y/N) is a super hero! He's been protecting Vale since school started! Everyone calls him Spider-Man! He has been missing today, though. I'm getting a little worried. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys too! I guess it's like they say: like mother, like daughter. I still wonder why Ozpin let (Y/N) and me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he starts sounding like Uncle Qrow."

I heard Zwei barking behind me. I turned around, and saw Dad and Zwei waiting behind me.

"Oh! Looks like Dad's back," I said to Mom. "I gotta go! He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission! Wish me luck!"

I put my hood back on. I took a couple steps over to them, before I stopped to say one more thing to Mom.

"It was good to talk," I said.

I ran over to Dad and Zwei.

Timeskip

The tournament was starting.

It was time for me, Weiss, Blake, and Yang to get to our match.

I looked around for (Y/N). He still hadn't showed up after disappearing last night.

"Hey," I said. "Have any of you seen (Y/N)?"

"No," Yang said. "You think he'll show?"

My heart dropped.

He must've been killed last night! Or at least kidnapped!

'Where are you?'

Weiss put her arm around my shoulder.

"I'm sure he'll show," she said.

"I hope he does," I said. "I at least want him to see me in the tournament."

New York City Timeline

Nicky's POV

I was running through the New York City streets, as a man in black chased me down.

'I can't believe this is happening!'

I ran as fast as my spider speed would carry, running into an alley, and up the wall.

'This guy has been hunting me since I got my powers! What does he want with me?!'

I leapt from rooftop to rooftop, trying to avoid the black suited man.