Responsibility

(A/N Sorry for how long it took to post this story. I've been doing my own thing lately, I've been working on a secret story, and I'm just not as invested in finishing this as I used to be. Don't worry, I still plan on finishing it, and I'll try to finish it as soon as possible.)

New York City Timeline

Tarantula's POV

I entered the warehouse, our base of operations.

I looked around at the dozen of villains in the room!

I'd been spending months collecting dozens of villains from different Spider-Man timelines, just in case Madame Web sent other Spider-Men after me.

I approached ______.

(A/N This guy is a mystery for now.)

He turned to me. "Well," he said. "I'm guessing you met the other Spider-Men?"

I nodded. "We need to prepare to face them."

"Of course we do," ______ said. "We deal with the other Spider-Men, you deal with the kid. Am I correct?"

I nodded.

"Then let's prepare for battle."

Nicky's POV

I was walking through my school campus.

"Hey, Nicky!"

I turned to see my friends walking up to me.

"Hey, guys!" I said.

"Where were you?" Jacob asked. "You didn't answer any of my calls."

I thought about everything that had happened with those... Spider-Men. I shook the thought away.

"I was... busy," I said.

My girlfriend, Diane, walked up to me. "Hey, where'd you get that bruise?"

"I have a bruise?" I said.

"Yeah," she said. "Did something happen?"

"I have no idea," I lied. I figured she'd guess it was a moment where you have a minor injury and don't know where it came from.

Everything went normal for the majority of the day. I went to my classes, hung out with my friends, spent some time with Diane. The only difference was every 20 minutes, the whole Spider-Man thing would pop back into my head.

I had so many questions. 'Am I really supposed to be the greatest Spider-Man in the Spider-Verse? Am I seriously being hunted? Why can't I just have a normal life?'

Soon, school was out, and I started walking home.

Soon, I was walking through a private location. I decided to speak up.

"Are you going to come out yet?" I asked, looking up at one of the Spider-Men (A/N You), who was sitting on the wall.

"That was the plan," he said, leaping off the wall, and right in front of me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I just want to talk," he said.

"About what?" I asked.

"Anything you want," he said. "If I'm going to help you become a Spider-Man, we should probably get to know each other."

"I don't want to become a Spider-Man," I said.

"And I wanted to be a huntsman," he said. "Life didn't turn out as planned for me either."

"What the hell is a 'huntsman'?" I asked.