Camelot is Small for Such A Destiny

In a land of myth and a time of magic, the destiny of two great kingdoms rests on the shoulders of a young Queen. Her name: Merlyn.

Merlyn walked through the early morning dew that fogged the autumn forest as she made her way towards the gates of the city of Camelot. She could say she was quite excited to see the castle from the legends. Merlyn smiled at the kids that played in the dirt road that lead through the Lower Town and up to the gates of the castle.

Merlyn smiled as she thought about the years to come, she could remember she life in Ealdor before the people found out about her. She remembered that she was always on the move doing one thing, helping someone with something, learning new things from others. Merlyn had gotten so used to being on the move that it felt like, if she stopped, the world would end. 

Merlyn made sure to walk around before she entered the square. A group of people crowded around for what looked like an execution, Merlyn only dreaded what crime the person did or did not do, for it didn't matter to Uther, he wanted a criminal and so everyone is guilty until proven innocent in his eyes, unless of course, they were of noble stature then they were innocent until proven guilty.

The man in question was brought out in shackles as Uther spoke about his so-called crime. Magic. This was the reason Elmet was built. The poor man was guilty of using magic and was to be executed for it.

"Let this serve as a lesson to all. This man, Thomas James Collins, is adjudged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments and magic. And, pursuant to the laws of Camelot, I, Uther Pendragon, have decreed that such practices are banned on penalty of death. I pride myself as a fair and just king, but for the crime of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can pass." Uther nodded to the executioner that stood above Thomas with an ax.

Merlyn steeled her eyes and watched, every time she will watch and add the name to the list of people wrongfully murdered by this tyrant.

Number 773: Thomas James Collins.

Once it was done, Merlyn looked up at Uther who stood high above the rest in his fine garb with his golden crown glaring down from on high like he was a god.

"When I came to this land, this kingdom was mired in chaos, but with the people's help magic was driven from the realm." Uther smiled " So I declare a festival to celebrate twenty years since the Great Dragon was captured and Camelot freed from the evil of sorcery. Let the celebrations begin." He was about to turn when a wailing came from the crowd. An old woman bawling her eyes out with a vengeful face.

"There is only one evil in this land, and it is not magic! It is you! With your hatred and your ignorance!" She pointed to the body of Thomas "You took my son!" Her voice then got dark "And I promise you, before these celebrations are over, you will share my tears. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a son for a son."