Chapter 12: Our Separate Rooms

Columbia hopped off of the motorcycle. She sighed. “Now that Frank left to his “bridal suite”, we better show you guys to your rooms.” Riff Raff and Magenta wander off somewhere. The Transylvanians started leaving one by one. Columbia gathered Janet and Brad, and we headed to the elevator. The whole ride up was quiet. Luckily it was short. We entered a dimly lit, long, narrow corridor. First room was Brad. “This is yours.” Columbia opened the door. It had a blue theme to it, blue lights, blue bed, blue curtains, and so on. She shoved him in, once he was in, she threw a blue satin robe at him. She shut the doors and continued down the hallway. Janet and I looked at her, I could tell we were thinking the same thing. We hurried alongside her, “We have separate rooms?” I asked. “Frankie wants it that way. Just following his orders. Here we are.” We stopped at a room that was significantly a length away from Brad’s. Columbia opened the door and lightly shoved Janet in. Janet’s room had a red theme to it, red robe and everything. Before the doors closed, Janet gave me this worried face. I hope she’s going to be alright.

That’s when Columbia started walking further away from their rooms. “Hey, since you’re being so nice to me, mine and Magenta’s room is just across yours, if you want, you can come chill with us.” “Oh, thank you.” I smile. “By the way, how come Frank wants our rooms so spread apart?” I asked. “I don’t know. Just his preference, I guess. Plus, he wanted you in a better room than theirs.” She shrugged. “Better? How?” I curiously asked. “Well your room has it’s own bathroom, a better bed. It even has some more clothes in there. They’re a bit dusty though, we weren’t expecting overnight guests.” “Oh… why me?” We reached my room and just stopped in front of the doorway. “Why you? Look at you, you’re a total babe! If I was the master, I’d give you the best room too! Besides, Frank is intrigued by you, I can tell.” I blushed. “Thanks Columbia. I appreciate it. Thanks for being someone I could talk to! Brad and Janet don’t really get me. No one at Denton does, it finally feels like I belong somewhere.” We shared a smile. “Well remember, our room is just across, I won’t be there right now, neither will Magenta, we have some chores to do; but we will be there soon. The door’s always open! Also, I know Magenta can be intimidating, but you’ll warm up to her, it’ll be like talking to me! Anyways, I’ll leave you to your room now, have fun! See you later!” We hugged and I entered my room. Before I closed the door, I waved to Columbia as she was heading back towards the elevator.

I closed the door and I took the first long look at my room. It was huge. It definitely wasn’t like Brad or Janet’s, at least from what I saw. It was a purple and black theme. I ADORED IT! It had a more Victorian look to it. I explored what was in my room for a bit, and then I decided to look in the closet. WOW! It was all my style, from corsets to biker outfits. I decided on just keeping my black robe on for tonight, but I was DEFINITELY going to use these clothes for tomorrow instead of the outfit I came in.

I decided to try and take a nap before I went to Columbia and Magenta’s room. So, I got into bed and tried to fall asleep.