Chapter 22: I'm Going Home

Frank turns to Rocky and Columbia. He whispers in their ears. Rocky goes backstage and Columbia goes to the opposite end of the room. She goes to the spotlight and turns it on, Rocky dims the lights. I'm finally able to see Magenta and Riff Raff. They are wearing matching gold outfits. Riff Raff has his hair in a weird upside-down ponytail. Magenta's hair looks like The Bride of Frankenstein hairstyle, with the white streaks and everything. Brad and Janet pull me from Frank, and we all gather around stage left. Frank mentally prepares himself. Frank starts performing another song. Us singing backup vocals here and there. I look over to Magenta and Riff Raff. They look bored. Something tells me this isn't going to end well. I hope my gut feeling's wrong.

Frank crosses the stage and goes down the aisle. I notice him "interacting" with an imaginary audience. He stops at the stairs where Magenta and Riff Raff were. He faces towards the stage before singing the final line of his song. His big finish. "I'm going home!" The music stops. He bows and thanks the imaginary audience in his head. We're all looking at him. I have a heartbroken look on my face. I don't want him to leave. I don't want anyone to leave. I found where I feel normal and now it's all going to get taken away from me. It seems selfish, but to finally find where you belong after several long years of being judged for being different, to have it taken away from you in such a short amount of time; wouldn't you be thinking the same?

Magenta breaks the silence. "How sentimental..." Frank breaks out of his daydream and looks around in shock. He sees there is no audience. Silence. Abruptly thrown back into reality. He turns back towards Magenta and Riff Raff. They are walking towards him, Frank walking back towards the stage, still facing them. Riff Raff continues, "And also presumptuous of you... You see, when I said "we" were to return to Transylvania, I referred only to Magenta and myself. I'm sorry however is you found my words misleading." Frank looked intimidated. "You see, you are to remain here... in spirit anyway." Riff Raff raises his other-worldly gun. Dr. Scott turns to us a bit and loudly whispers. "Good heavens, it's a laser." Riff Raff looks up at us and then back at Frank. "Yes Dr. Scott. A laser capable of emitting a beam of pure anti-matter." I open my mouth, "You mean... you're going to kill him?" Brad asks another question, "What's his crime?" Dr. Scott intervenes, "You saw what became of Eddie, society must be protected." "No one asked for your opinion Dr. Scott." I didn't mean to say that. It came out like word vomit. I see Frank look at me though. He gives a face of appreciation before Riff Raff cuts the moment short. "Exactly, Dr. Scott. Now Frank-N-Furter, your time has come. Say goodbye to all of this and hello to oblivion." Frank stands up. I feel like running towards him. I think Brad notices, he puts his arm around me trying to hold me back. Riff Raff raises his laser gun ready to shoot. I close my eyes and move closer to Brad. I hear a scream. It's Columbia. I look up really quick. Riff Raff turns to where she is and shoots. Columbia's scream fades as she falls to the floor. We all gasp. I regret opening my eyes. I hide my face with my hands. He just killed the first friend I made here. She was gone. I feel sick.

Frank. I think about him again. I open my eyes again. I see Frank backup on stage. Riff Raff and Magenta advancing towards him. Frank looks helpless. He's reached the curtain. There's nowhere else to go. Riff Raff can shoot at any moment. Frank tries to escape; he starts climbing up the curtains. I hear the laser go off. Frank screams and he falls to the floor. I can't help it I scream. I'm fully facing Brad now. I bury myself into him, crying. Janet buries herself into Brad too. She puts her hand on my arm. I hear the curtains falling.

All I hear is Rocky walking away, crying as well. I cover my ears; I hear a faint blast of the laser. Several times. I don't want to look. Brad is hugging Janet and I harder now, making sure that we're ok. Making sure I don't see what's happening. I hear Rocky yell now. Then SPLASH. I'm assuming he fell into the pool. It's quiet again. Brad loosens his hold on me. I turn towards the incident, still crying. I see Frank and Rocky's corpses floating in the pool. Magenta and Riff Raff are standing beside the pool. Brad breaks the silence. "Good god..." Janet says with disbelief, "You killed them!" Magenta tells Riff Raff, "But I thought you liked them... they liked you." "They didn't like me! They NEVER liked me!" he responds. Dr. Scott intervenes again. "You did right!" Brad held me back again. Riff Raff came walking towards us, Magenta following. "A decision had to be made." He says as he looked at me. Dr. Scott attempts to lighten the mood, "You're ok by me!" he holds his hand out. "I'm sorry about your nephew, Dr. Scott." "Yes... well perhaps it was for the best!" Dr. Scott nervously laughs. "You must leave now, Dr. Scott, while it's still possible. We are about to beam the entire house back to the planet of Transsexual in the galaxy of Transylvania." We all stare at him. He gestures his laser gun towards the door. "Go... now." We all rush out, Brad wheeling Dr. Scott out and taking his glasses on the way out. I'm the last to leave the room. I feel uneasy walking past Columbia's corpse. I wish I had gotten closer to her. But then again, I'd feel worse than I already do now... I leave.

(A/N) RIP Frank, Columbia, and Rocky. Love you all, except Rocky. I tolerate you. (better than Dr. Scott aha)