Chapter 23: Lost in Time and Lost in Space

We make our way towards the entrance of the castle. We exit. It's dawn. The sun is rising. As we're on the last step, we feel the ground shake. The castle's lifting off the ground. They all trip and fall. I carefully but quickly get off. The smoke fills the air. I can't see anybody. I can't even see the ground; I trip on something. I'm sitting on the dirt. I feel numb. So much has happened in one night. I feel like I'm going to remember it for a very long time... it'll always be there in the back of my mind. I start crying. I feel alone again.

The smoke is clearing up a bit. I see my outfit, it's torn. All I have left of him.

I see a figure to the right of me. As it's coming closer; I notice it's blonde hair. It's Janet. She's crawling, she must've hurt herself. I go towards her. She finally sees me. I hug her, crying into her shoulder. We're holding each other, stronger than ever. She looks at me and moves my hair out of my face. "Let's find Brad..." I nod. I get up and help her to her feet. We're looking for Brad. We walk towards the direction Janet was originally going. We see something on the floor. I reach down and pick it up. It's Brad's glasses. He must be near. We walk a few feet away from where we found them. I see something moving. He's looking for his glasses on the ground. "Brad!" Janet and I call out to him. He looks up. Janet and I help him up and we hug him. We stay that way for a few minutes. Once we let go, I give Brad his glasses. "Thanks." "No problem." We smile at each other. Brad looks at us questioningly, "Where's Dr. Scott?" Janet looks at him, "We thought he was with you?" We look around. We start walking to where we presumed he would be. After a few minutes we had found him. He was laying on the floor. We had no idea where his wheelchair was, and it was probably damaged anyway. Brad and Janet went over to help him.

We walked back over to the car and get in. The wheel was fixed somehow. We don't question it. I guess Frank did call a mechanic or something. I miss him. I look out the window. I see where the castle once stood. I'm feeling mixed emotions. Brad starts the car. We leave. As we're leaving, I don't take my eyes off of that area. All I'm thinking is, "what if this night happened differently?" I guess I'll never know.