Chapter Thirty - Addison - Doubt

note: barely any smut lol

-

Mom: Have your friend drive you home to save gas

Mom: Make sure to say thank you

Mom: Wait, can you stop by the oriental market

Mom: I want honeydew ice cream and cabbage

Mom: No just the ice cream

Mom: No both

Mom: Thank you love you

I groaned in irritation and confusion as I read the plethora of texts my mother left me without even asking if it was okay. I shrugged my shoulders as I suppose it was actually a good thing that she was letting Melanie drive me home (and take a detour to the oriental mart) because that meant that Melanie was able to leave a good impression on my mom.

When I saw Melanie get up to talk to my parents, I almost dropped my racquet mid-game. I wanted to sprint over the fence and between them to prevent it from happening, just because I wasn't sure how the encounter would go. Yet, according to Melanie, it actually went quite well.

In fact, I didn't even know Melanie could be so polite and respectful towards adults? I guess I never really watched her in a situation like that, but when I watched her as I played, she was so composed and relaxed as my mother berated her with questions.

I think it also helped that for the past two months, I've been dropping Melanie's name little by little in positive regard for her. I made sure not to say it too much so my mother wouldn't be suspicious, but instead made sure to at least say something every week to keep my mom updated.

That way my mom would eventually trust Melanie and let me hang out with her without having to lie that I was with June or Blaire.

But now, I could actually spend the weekend with Melanie! By ourselves! I had to admit that I was a little nervous about it, and I definitely wasn't expecting it. However, I was really yearning to wake up beside Melanie, to constantly be around her, and of course - to finally be able to sexually be with her.

Fuck, I had so many ideas.

I stuffed my phone into my duffel bag and looked up at Melanie, who seemed to be thinking about something serious. I zipped my duffel bag shut, seeing the gold trophy I just won neatly placed inside as well.

"What are you thinking about?" I said aloud.

She seemed to snap out of concentration as she looked at me somewhat startled. "Oh, nothing." She straightened up her posture as she grabbed my duffel bag for me.

I raised an eyebrow, "You sure?" I frowned as I wondered what was up. Melanie never was the type of person to keep stuff to herself when she was around me. Lately we've been an open book to each other, so I was starting to slightly worry.

She nodded and bent down to kiss me on my forehead, "I'm sure, beautiful."

I couldn't help but smile, then grabbed her hand to swing by our sides. "So, my mom took a liking to you...she wants you to drive me home."

She raised an eyebrow and gave me a grin, "Really? That's great."

"Yeah," I paused, "And since you've been welcomed to the Cruz club...she wants us to go to the oriental store to buy honeydew ice cream and cabbage." She laughed loudly as she squeezed my hand.

"Seriously? Wow, your mom is something else." She paused, "But sure, it gives me an excuse to spend more time with you tonight."

I smiled as we walked towards her truck. "Thank you, but on the other hand...the ice cream is bomb and you have to try it."