Chapter Twenty-Three - Melanie - Set Up

I tapped my fingers profusely against my desk in anticipation that lunch would start in a few minutes. For all of Mrs. Shaw's class, I was eying Addison from across the room as she silently worked on her exam.

I finished mine quite a bit ago, and I wondered if she was still working on her test because she was reviewing her answers or if she was stuck on a question. I grit my teeth together and wished I could sit by her and help her out if it was the latter situation.

Today, she was wearing her glasses today with her hair in a high ponytail. I made a note to myself to ask her how come she only wore glasses on certain days of school. She was wearing a green long sleeve polo that was definitely too big for her. I watched her concentrate on a math problem as part of her sleeves covered her small hands due to its bagginess.

I knew she was wearing shorts underneath the polo, but as I sat there waiting for the end of class, I couldn't help but let my imagination wander otherwise. I gulped and slouched in my seat as I realized that the clock was going at a snail pace.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could tell Mrs. Shaw was giving me weird looks for fidgeting in my seat. I hoped that she wasn't thinking I was cheating, so I sat back up in my seat and stared at my desk.

The reason why I was so fidgety was because I was excited to see Addison during lunch. The last time I touched her was on Saturday, and I really needed her reassuring touch to make sure that what we said to each other was real on Friday night.

I glanced back at Addison, who just flipped over her test to indicate she was finished. As if she knew I was staring at me, she let out a small smile and glanced at me from her shoulder. My heart skipped a beat when I watched her bite her lip.

And, just like that, the bell rang to indicate it was the start of lunch. I let everybody get up to turn their test in first until I got up to do the same. I placed it neatly in the test tray and waited for Addison to do the same.

"How'd you do?" I said as she flashed me a smile. I let the tips of my fingers touch hers as I felt goosebumps travel up my arms.

"I think I did alright," she replied as we walked out of class together.

Not being able to contain myself any longer, I lightly grabbed Addison's sides to pull us by some lockers. I leaned down and gave her a small kiss on the lips, which she returned after a shocked pause. I froze with my hands still on her hips as I realized I never actually asked her if she was okay with public displays of affection at school.

Fuck, what if I got her in trouble by kissing her in the hallway? I didn't mind a detention or two, but I'm sure her parents would definitely not be happy with her.

And if that's how her parents found out about her sexuality...fuck, why wasn't I thinking?

At least she kissed me back, I thought.

I hesitated further before looking around then sneaking a small peck on the lips again. Then, I quickly gave her thigh a squeeze and pulled away. I saw a few people passing us by and giving us strange looks, but none of them were administration. I frowned, what if she didn't want other classmates to know she was with me?

Melanie, she's not yours.

I looked down into her brown eyes for reassurance, and I was glad that she was smiling wide. "That was a shocker," she murmured as she closed the distance between us to give me a tight hug. I was elated when her arms wrapped themselves around my neck while she tried standing on her tiptoes. Fuck, she was so cute when she did that.

I hugged her tightly and tried keeping my hands on the small of her back instead of her cute butt. I decided to play dumb, "Why was that a shocker?"