Chapter Fifteen - Addison - Oops, Friendship

Blaire and June just blinked at me from across the coffee table as I nonchalantly hit submit on all of my college applications. Whew, that was a huge stress reliever. I was so happy to get all these college applications out of the way so I could focus on scholarships for the remainder of the year.

I mean, if I didn't, my parents would probably strap me to a computer and get it all done without leaving the house.

And while we were all supposed to be working on them after practice today, I was pretty sure Blaire and June only accomplished giving me frog stares the whole time.

"Addison," June started to say as she brought her pen up to her lips then to point at me, "Lily Michaels was asking you out on a date."

For the past twenty minutes, Blaire and June have been insisting that the encounter I had with my co-captain and teammates was purely a "wing-girl" tactic to get me to say yes to a date with Lily.

And sometimes they thought I was the dumb one in this group.

June insisted that Breanna and Cierra were "obviously" baiting me to admit that I liked girls and that it was convenient enough that Lily happened to be in the room as well.

And Blaire claimed that Lily just got out of a long-term relationship with a girl and was already happily putting herself out on the market.

And while they spewed out that nonsense, I bickered back to them that she was just being nice and simply put that as the tennis team's co-captain, she was obligated to be friends with every person on the team. 

Duh

Blaire pitched in, "And Riley Eaton is captain of the tennis team. You don't see her holding hands with all her teammates and saying, "you go, girl!" from the sidelines."

June replied hostile as she was still bitter towards the blonde tennis player for possibly being involved with Adrienne, "Instead, I'm pretty sure she hits her ankles with her tennis racquet whenever she fucks up. Such a team player."

I piped in as I sipped my coffee and glanced at my computer screen that said, "Congratulations on submitting your application to Michigan State University." "And what does that have to do with your theory that Lily Michaels wants to fuck me?"

"We didn't say that she wanted to fuck you," June said, "We simply said that we think that she's trying to ask you out."

"And why in Satan's buttocks would she want to ask me out?" I replied as I gave them a strange look.

"Who wouldn't?" Blaire chirped and June nodded.

"No one wants to date me," I muttered and closed my laptop, "Didn't we just have this conversation? I'm ugly and chubby and I talk a lot. Case closed."

"Addison, you're fucking beautiful so stop saying that bullshit," Blaire nearly shouted and I wondered if June's parents were home. Not because I didn't want them to hear this conversation, but because I was secretly hoping June's mom made those heavenly Nutella cookies. "That's why Melanie literally cannot stop eyeing you-"

"Wait, what?" June blurted out.

Oh shit. My eyes widened as I gave Blaire a look of surprise. Her eyes widened in response as she looked at me and mouthed the words, 'you didn't freaking tell her' as she nodded over to June.

"I can fucking read lips you two, what the fuck are you two hiding from me?"

"Nothing!" I yelled out, not wanting to have this conversation as I sat up into the couch to hide behind some pillow cushions in preparation.