Chapter Thirteen - Melanie - Wait

note: smut but not a lot - but also maybe a bit? hm, suppose you determine how smutty it is

-

Adrienne took a bite of her sandwich as I felt her eyes stare at the side of my face with a huge smirk on her face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her swallow her food before teasing, "You're whipped."

My mouth quivered in irritation as I looked at her, "I am not." I paused and mumbled under my breath, "Plus, who are you to talk?"

She cleared her throat, "I heard that."

"I know you did."

I watched Adrienne's jaw clench and unclench as it was obvious that while she wanted to deny her feelings any further, she obviously had stuff to handle herself when it came to being "whipped."

Plus, I was not whipped for Addison. If anything, I was just mildly obsessed with the chase for her - and her body, and her laugh, and possibly maybe her constant teasing or joking around. It wasn't like I had feelings for her, I suppose it was more than I was genuinely curious about how her mind worked.

Plus, the constant teasing was not helping me forget her at all.

After the snapchat incident, it took me a good hour to calm myself down in the shower with my trusty detachable showerhead. And, even after that, my phone was silent from any notifications from her over the weekend. In fact, it was like Addison enjoyed tormenting me.

Even during math class, she barely made eye contact with me and was always the first to leave when the bell rang. I was at least expecting something to happen - anywhere even, but Addison was never to be found. I thought that if I hung out with Adrienne more, who always spent time with June - who was always with Blaire or Addison, that maybe I could see the black-haired cutie sooner than later.

But, to no avail, she acted like I didn't exist.

And while it seemed really stupid, I actually thought she was waiting for me to beat that stupid high score.

I unlocked my phone and clicked on the app as I let the conversation with Adrienne fall on deaf ears. I groaned, knowing my high score was only a measly twenty-two, and wondered if I could get someone in computer graphics to photoshop a higher score than Addison's.

Except, knowing Addy, she would probably make me play in front of her...while sitting on my face to prove that I obtained that high score.

Fuck, I really wanted that.

And because of that demon in a cute body - I haven't even looked at another girl. I ignored all phone calls, texts, DM's, and even face-to-face encounters with girls that also threw themselves at me. Unfortunately, I politely declined and kept that pretty jokester on my mind.

But, I couldn't be whipped - could I?

We were sitting in the courtyard and enjoying the afternoon sun. It was the beginning of lunchtime, and I secretly hoped that June would bring Addison over so we could all hang out.

And maybe Addison and I could sneak out somewhere else.

But then, Adrienne did invite me to go out with her, June, Blaire, and even Addison this weekend at a local lesbian bar. It was something I was secretly hoping for just because it would be an excuse to see the black-haired beauty.

And, of course, there was still the thought of when Addison and I did hook up...would I be okay with never interacting with her again? Unless we could mutually agree to continue hooking up with each other, to play whatever game we had going on, until we would ultimately leave high school and part our separate ways.