Chapter 10: Ghost of the Castle

Osiris' pov

Claire and I ran out of the castle.

"Osiris, what do you think is in that castle?"

"I don't know but it called to us for some tea."

Just as we are talking sleuth of one strike bears came at us, they look like they have a total of 15 bears with them.

"Claire do you think we can fight them off?"

"Well they outnumbered us so what do we need to do now?"

"I say we run on opposite directions, if one of us couldn't return back in Axel before morning one of us could ask for a rescue party back in Axel."

"Well good luck then see you back in town."

Claire and I ran some bears followed my direction while there were only 2 following Claire, great since I have greater agility than her I could out run them to Axel and wait for Claire.

"Claire could possibly take down those two one strike bears I just had to lose the one chasing me but aren't I been here before?"

As I was running I still felt the bears are still at my tail so I couldn't stop running, but from the look of it I was circling around a specific part of the forest.

Then I saw an intersection.

"Shit where do I supposed to go now, maybe left or right?"

"Rarrr!!"

The left side has another sleuth of One strike bears.

"Shit right it is now."

I ran through the right side of the intersection, I ran and ran until I saw a cave.

"Well maybe I should use my lurk inside that cave, I could hide there for a moment while the one strike bears lose my scent."

I ran inside a cave and found a boulder that I could use my lurk skill on, I used lurk and held the back side of the boulder for a while.

"Sniff sniff."

"Rawr!"

The one strike bears exited the cave, looks like I lost them.

"Phew, I must go back to Axel now, maybe Claire already took out the two one strike bears and returned and...."

It started to rain cats and dogs outside.

"Well I guess I am gonna stay here for awhile."

5 hours later.

"I don't know how long I stayed here but it's getting dark, and luckily the rain stopped, I should return to Axel now."

I exited the cave and a big leaf decided to throw away all the water it carried due to the rain on me.

"Well crap first I lost my date now I am wet, why am I became unlucky so sudden?"

I tried to remember the way I use to get inside the cave and found my way into the outskirts of the city walls.

"Hey you there you should know adventuring at not time isn't safe."

"I know I know, I was returning back when a sleuth of one strike bears attacked me so I had to hid until they went away but I got caught in the rain as well."

"Well get in now, you should report that to the guild."

"Say is there a white suited swordswoman that came here."

"No, get in now if you have a missing friend come with me to the station."

Crap where did Claire went to.