Chapter 18 Sherlock Adventurers

Kazuma's pov

As the lights turned off, everyone panicked inside the banquet hall.

A lot of screaming and running around, a lot of people exited the hall but were knocked over cause they couldn't see clearly.

I could see some figures clearly using my farsight skill.

"Kazuma, what's happening? Could you everything else that's happening?"

"Not clearly, but a little bit, Heidel is killed and there's an assassin in here, what should we do?"

"If there's an assassin here the guards should put the castle on lockdown and get the royalty to safety."

As Darkness and I spoke, some guards rushed to the exit and said something through a megaphone.

"Everyone inside the party should head into the courtyard now, there's an assassin inside the castle and we've put the castle on lockdown to make sure assassin doesn't escape, I repeat everyone should head to the courtyard some guards with torches will guide you there."

Darkness and I went to the courtyard, a lot of people rushed to get in there and some nobles did fell down on the way.

When we arrive there, the guards closed all exits.

Rushing through the crowds of nobles, Jatis is trying to say something.

"Is my sister here? Is princess Iris here? Where's Kazuma?"

"Prince Jatis, what's going on?"

"It's my sister, if there's an assassin on the loose then her life is in danger."

"Look Jatis, I would try and help find her, besides she already fought an assassin before when we were in Elroad, speaking of which, is the prince of Elroad here?"

"I don't think he's here."

Then Mitsurugi who was with Aqua earlier came to me.

"Kazuma, Kazuma is Aqua-sama with you?"

"No she's with you earlier right?"

"During the chaos after all the lights turned off, I lost her."

"Then I would look for her also."

"Thanks."

"Did you already confessed to her?"

"No, not yet."

"Why don't you join us then?"

"If I encountered the assassin, I couldn't do anything since I only have one arm."

"Fine."

Just as I was leaving.

"Kazuma-domo, let me come with you."

"Me too Kazuma."

"Let's go then Osiris, Claire."

"Let me also come."

"Sure thing Darkness."

The guards then let us back inside the castle.

We decided to split into two teams, Darkness and I to search for Aqua, while Osiris and Claire for Iris.

Dust's POV

Lynn and I were dancing when the crowd rushed outside.

We went to the courtyard, Kazuma and the others left to search for Iris and Aqua-sama.

I joined in where Keith and Taylor were.

"Whoa Dust, where have you been?"

"I am with Lynn back on the banquet hall, you guys where have you been?"