Final prologue

Darkness'Pov
"Darkness I know that I've rejected you but please if anything happens to me after taking down the demon king look after Megumin for me."

"I would, even though you rejected me I would gladly protect the love of the one I loved."

Kazuma told me while we are still infiltrating the Demon King's Castle, Megumin is launching multiple explosions over and over again, Kazuma made me promised to protect Megumin.

That was before when he was still with us, now I am sitting in a bed, hugging my knees.

Yesterday Megumin went with us to the Demon King's Castle, she was searching for a way to bring back Kazuma but she found a secret spell that turned her into a demon king, she couldn't control it as she was possessed by the demon.

"How could I failed Kazuma?"

Then somebody knocked on my door, we were right now in the Crimson Demon Village.

"Come in."

"Darkness-san!"

Chris came through the door with Yunyun, she rushed to hug me while Yunyun carrying a tray of foods and medicine with her.

Since we are in the Crimson Demon Village, we are staying at Yunyun's place, there are no healer priest that resides here to help us after our battle so we were nursed and treated using medical potions.

"Chris what are you doing here?"

"I came here after I encountered a demon, I was helped by another demon with a mask, a the lich that owned the magic item shop in Axel and the demon that we took down to get it's nails."

"Wait how did you encountered a demon where did you went before coming here?"

"I went to the demon king's castle after I heard news Kazuma-kun went missing, I met the lich with the masked demon in there, they were chased out by the demon and even the lich was put into cursed sleep because of this."

Strange what was Vanir and Wiz doing there but I guess Vanir must've known this demon and tried to take it down but how was it much stronger than him?

"Dustiness-sama!"

There came into my room, Mitsurugi who's now a one armed man after the incident with the devil.

"Mitsurugi-san what are doing here you should rest, your wound is still fresh and might open so please go back to your room."

Yunyun spoke to him yet he entered my room.

"I need to speak to Dustiness-sama, a walking armor came here to my room with scratches everywhere, he said he encountered that demon last night."

"Bring him here."

"Dustiness-sama here he is."

"Why did you come here after fighting him aigis?"

"Dustiness-sama, after battling with the demon he told me to go to the Crimson Demon Village and find you, he gave me a message that he will attack this village, he wanted to give us a warning."

Strange why would a demon do that, maybe Megumin still retains control and wanted to warned the crimson demons.

Hearing about this Yunyun rushed outside, she's the future chief of this village so it's her responsibility to inform everyone.

Hours later

I got my armor fixed from the blacksmith I frequent in this village.

I really cared for that armor since it's the only thing Kazuma gave me before leaving.