Chapter 5 Attack of the Dullahan

I rushed my self to the south gate, I only brought on a sword and Dust who was waiting there speaking to Mitsurugi and Keith spoke to me.

"Kazuma, shouldn't you wear any armor, I know you fought demon king generals before without any armor before but this new undergenerals and generals were a lot stronger and dangerous you know."

"Here take this, ever since you defeated the last demon King blacksmiths began creating equipment specifically limited to adventurers, here have this breastplate it's made of lightweight materials and could still protect it's wearer."

Mitsurugi gave me an armor and I put it on.

As we waited for the others I saw the Dullahan, he looked more powerful than the one I fought before, I remembered correctly that by stealing his head, he couldn't see anything about the battlefield but this dullahan puts his head on his shoulders and locked it with a collar, I need to snipe him and take it out before I could steal it, just as I was planning to defeat the dullahan Aqua, Darkness and the others came, Dust opened the gates and positioned ourselves few meters from the dullahan.

We positioned ourselves and waited for someone to attacked first, but the dullahan screamed.

"Who's the man known as the one who defeated the demon king? News of him returning reached the demon king Arkantos, I would like to challenge him on a Duel, no tricks, no magic, just swordfight, if he'd defeated me or fought honestly without tricks and I've defeated him, I would gladly retreat back to the demon king."

I wanted to walk forth but many people block me, before when I was new to this world and I've cause any trouble or if my party members caused any trouble, they wouldn't think any second to spare and let me and my party go against an enemy, but now they're cautious.

"We wouldn't give the hero of Belzerg he had the weakest class and wouldn't stand any second in a battle with you!"

"Hey Darkness is that a compliment or an insult, just let me fight him!"

I came out of the crowd and unsheathed my sword, I took a battle stance against the dullahan.

I've been blocking and dodging any attacks the dullahan sent to me, I have been planning to find a opening and tear down his collar.

"Come on boy, is this what you call a fight, you haven't even scratched me and layed your hands against me."

I continued to be silent and blocking his attacks, I've been blocking and blocking and blocking until he disarmed by sword from my hands.

"Now die!"

"Onee-chan I wont let you!"

Then Iris out of nowhere jumped and blocked his sword, I took out a bow I've picked up from one of the rangers and sniped his collar, then I've used steal to get my hands on his head.

"Bold of you boy to use cheats and tricks now lay my head or I would use premonition of death on your companions."

"You wished you can we got a strong archpriest over here who you could consider a goddess, she could dispell your curse at ease."

"You think you could get win, Cursed sleep!"

He aimed his cursed sleep at Aqua but was blocked by Darkness, then before anything else he casted premonition of death which hit Iris, he threw a smoke bomb at me and used magic to gain back his head and rode his horse back to retreat.

"I would massacre this town in the next 3 days, if you have someone to blame blame your hero."

Just as he leave everyone rushed to us specially to Darkness and Iris.