Chapter 1

I hope you enjoy this story! It's taking forever to write and I'm spending a really long time just thinking of what to add to it.

Fun Fact: I actually started this on Thanksgiving on my grandparents' computer!

Good luck! And safe travels!

Zak

The sunshine was slipping through the curtains of the old creaky home Zak lay sleeping in.

"AH!" Zak woke up with a scream. He looked around, confused.

Where the hell am I...? What is this place!? Wha-

Zak fell backward, petrified. He sat back up and looked to his side where, on the wall, swords were hung. He stared at them for a second before slowly standing up and going over to them. The floor creaked with each step that Zak took.

Swords...? This isn't right. This has to be a dream. Could there be others here? Probably not.

Zak looks out the window. Nothing but a gravel road and some trees. Zak looked around.

Wait. But... This is my house! There is no WAY my family left me! Where is mom? Where is my sister!?

Zak went up the stairs and searched. He searched everywhere. Though, his luck seemed to have run out because they were nowhere to be found. Zak fell to his knees as he started crying in his sister's room. He was confused, he didn't know what to do. What would he do? He lays down and curls into a ball.

"Soft.." He says to himself as he rolls onto his back on the carpeted floor.

Zak quickly falls asleep, sad, but comfortable.

------------------

258 words