Page 61 - Watch And Don't Look Away

Sejuru: There's an easy way to show your support. DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS if you can.

Page 61 – Watch And Don’t Look Away

[Zony]

“Stand up, niece.”

Tumayo ako. He added,

“You are going to be a member of my Mafia Famiglia and from now on you either call me Uncle or Herion, is that clear?”

He’s not asking. He’s giving me an order. Kapag hindi ako sumunod, his eyes are telling me he’s willing to do anything para lang masunod ang gusto niya.

I have no choice but it doesn’t mean I won’t challenge him. That’s why I asked,

“What’s in it for me?”

He grinned again and replied,

“You want to be stronger not only physically but mentally. I could help you.

We will make your heart smarter, your body a fighter. We will improve your thinking so you will be more cunning and wiser. I can help you in all these things. Well, not that I’m giving you a choice.”

“It’s good that you know.”

“Oh, niece, I know what I'm doing. I also want to be near to someone I consider a family. I do not have one for so long. Your brother is too young and the rest are too tainted by our untold story.

I only have you, Zony Evviola. Just by being near you, I am reminded that I am a human.  

Help me stay human, my dear niece.”

Hindi ko inaasahan ang mga huli niyang linya. This person who acted like a monster, he's now confessing at me that he wants to stay human?

“Please.” I can’t help but gasp when he even begged. His eyes though they are still cold and black were also glittering with tears?

Naiiyak siya?

But no tears fell. I didn’t know if I'm just over-analyzing but his eyes appeared watery.

All of a sudden, an invisible line connecting us snapped into place. This monster who wanted to remain human now feels like a family.

I would do anything for family.

“I will make you better too, Uncle Herion.” sabi ko sa kaniya.

His eyes widened and he almost took a step back na para bang nasuntok siya. But he managed to control himself.

Instead, he smiled at me. It wasn’t like his crazy smile neither it was like his creepy grin. The Emperor was smiling at me so softly, he's smiling at me the way you will smile to family.

One of his ringed hands went to the bruise he left on my right cheeks. I felt the coldness of his rings when they landed on my skin.

I couldn’t help but flinch because of the sudden touch to my injury.

“I’m sorry.”