Page 92 - Real

Page 92 – Real

The silver eyed girl pouted, “I’m just about to have fun. Kill joy.” She lifted her foot from me, I took the chance to attack her screaming in fury, “I’m going to fucking kill you!” But an arm snaked on my waist preventing me. An unfamiliar voice said,

“You can’t kill her, she's one of the leaders of Power Assembly. The same rule about not killing you applies to her.” Boses ng babae but it’s the first time I heard this voice. “Am I clear?”

“My men! My guards! I need to help them!” hysterical na sigaw ko.

“Calm down, Emperor’s Heir. They’re okay now.” sagot ng isa pang boses.

And that’s when I noticed that my men had been freed from bonds at maraming medics ang gumagamot sa kanila.

“Airen?”

“No one will inject the Bezarius boy with HCN if that’s what you’re afraid of.” yung babaeng umawat sa akin ang sumagot.

Gumilid ako ng tingin para makita rin yung mga nagsasalita na nasa likuran ko, at the same time, hindi mawawala sa paningin ko yung mga mahal ko.

“I demand as payment for this…whatever this is…that the faction of Science of Power Assembly completely heal Airen Bezarius!”

“The nerve of this bitch.” saad nung babaeng may silver na mata. Pinanlisikan ko siya ng tingin.

“And if we don’t, what will you do, Emperor’s Heir?” tanong ng panibagong boses. It’s a man in a white lab coat. Wait. He's familiar. I've seen him somewhere. Siya yung doctor ng Emperor!

But right now, I don’t care who he is. I assumed earlier that these new people were the rest of the leaders constituting the Power Assembly.

Malamig at may diin akong sumagot, “Then the Underworld faction headed by the Mafia Famiglia will turn on you.”

“She’s bluffing.”

“Empty threat.”

“I say that’s the passion of a woman in love. I admire her for it.”

“No. That’s the foolishness of youth.”

“Regardless,” sabi muli nung lalaking naka-lab coat, “..for your bravery and for beating the game of one of our leaders as an initiation rite for your entry as future leader of the Underworld faction, consider your request granted.” There was a small smile on his face when he added, “I am Doc Z, the leader of the Science faction of Power Assembly. I will personally see to it that your Airen Bezarius will fully heal and recover.”

Biglang gumaan ang pakiramdam ko. Gusto kong lumukmamay na lang sa semento pero sa harap nila, sa harap ng Power Assembly, nangangain sila ng kahinaan.

“And you,” dagdag ni Doc Z. Hindi siya nakatingin sa akin. Doon siya nakatingin sa silver-eyed na lalaki. “You will pay for the cost of Airen Bezarius treatment.”

“What? No! Bakit yung kapatid ko magbabayad—”

“Urusai, Mihiko.” sabat ng kapatid niya.

“Raizen onee-sama! Knowing Doc Z, sasamantalahin niya 'to para singilan ka niya ng mahal!”

“Hindi problema ang pera sa kapatid mo, Mihiko.” sabat ni Doc Z.

“Saka bakit diyan ka nakaupo sa upuan ni Mihiko, Raizen? Your chair is the next seat.” tanong nung babaeng humawak sa beywang ko kanina.

Pinagmasdan ko yung sunod na upuan. The symbol on it was a dollar symbol, and from then it’s obvious, Raizen is the leader of the Economy faction of Power Assembly.

“I’m comfortable here. Besides, Mihiko won’t mind.” kalmadong sagot nung Raizen. Then to Doc Z, he said, “Consider it paid, Doc Z.”

Tumango si Doc Z at nagsimulang mag-type sa phone.

“Emperor’s Heir,” tawag nung boses na nagsabi ng game over kanina.

Lalaki. Mukhang kasing edad ni Uncle Herion. Tattoos covered his exposed skin.

“I have a name, Sir.” malamig kong sagot sa kaniya. Napangisi ito ng bahagya.

“Zony Evviola…” banggit niya sa pangalan ko.

“Yes?” utal ko.

“Welcome to the Power Assembly.” bati niya.

“What a brutal welcome, Sir.”

“The world is brutal, Zony Evviola, and we,” he looked at the people on his side, his co-leaders, kahit yung kambal na may silver na mata, nakatayo na sa bandang gilid niya. “..we are the representation of our world. Of course we’re brutal.”

“We’re calculating and smart.” dagdag ni Doc Z.

“We’re firm and unmoving.” saad ni Mihiko. 

“We can buy anyone to fulfill our purpose.” sabi ni Raizen.

“We aim for innovation.”

“At the same time, we aim to please and entertain.”

“We control the game.”

“And we believe in individual strengths to turn this cruel world into a better place.” sambit nung babaeng umawat sa akin kanina.

“We work together to maintain an equilibrium.” dagdag nung lalaking kasing edad ni Uncle Herion.

“And what is that equilibrium?” tanong ko.

“Peace.” maiksi niyang sagot.

“But peace is an illusion.” bato ko sa kaniya.

“But that illusion gives peace,” bato niya pabalik sa akin, “Can’t you see, Zony Evviola, Emperor’s Heir?”

Raizen opened a window at nakapangalumbaba siyang tumingin sa labas. Pumasok ang malamig na hangin sa loob. The middle aged man with tattoos added,

“Everything in this world is an illusion unless you work hard and turn your illusions into reality.”