Chapter 1 - The Start of a New Era

*The characters in this chapter belong to JK Rowling*

Hermione wasn't one for dramatics, but as she tore into Minister for Magic Kingsley Shacklebolt's office you would believe otherwise. "What on earth is this?" She screamed as she barged in. Kingsley was shocked never before had he seen Ms Granger act this way. "Well what is it? What on earth were you thinking." She continued slamming today's issue of the daily prophet onto the desk. Kingsley rubbed his temple and began to speak, but before his mouth could form words in burst none other than Harry Potter.

"Are you mad?!" He screamed, "A Marriage Law? What the hell is wrong with you?" Kingsley stood up, he had gotten over his previous fear, after all he was a war hero and Minister for Magic. "Mr Potter, I am going to kindly ask you to lower your voice and not talk to me in that tone, that goes for you too Ms Granger." He stood up and as he said this he could feel that the power over the room was returning to him. "I had no choice."

"Rubbish" snarled Harry as he sank down into the dragon hide chair across from the desk. "But he's right," Hermione said, her voice dripped with shock still and anger, but also with sorrow and sympathy, "I should have seen this coming, as the head of International Relations, I should have seen this coming." Harry looked confused and looked to the Minster for his help, but Kingsley just nodded to Hermione. 

"It's an international law, isn't it" Hermione stuttered, "I knew Madame President was pushing for this, but I thought that there would be enough countries to rebut her proposal." Kingsley just simply nodded. "So, we really don't have a choice" Hermione said decidedly, Harry's expression looked upset and angry, and before you could say Firebolt he had stormed out of the room.

Hermione just stared at the desk, she knew where he had gone; Ginny