Chapter 23 - The Prophet

The next morning Hermione woke up to find Draco's arms wrapped around her pulling her close. She smiled and kissed the tip of his nose gently to stir him. "Morning mi amore." Draco groaned stretching out his arms to welcome the sun.

"Good morning Draco." Hermione said snuggling closer to him. "We need to get up soon, we have an appointment at the hospital and then I have to go and tell work." 

Draco sighed, "can't we just stay in bed all day?"

Hermione giggled.

"Come on then." Draco sighed pulling up from his position next to Hermione. "I found us a house by the way." He said unemotionally.

"What!"

"Yeah, it's a nice house in the country with a link to the floo network for work." Draco continued ignoring Hermione's tone. "Besides we cannot stay here once the baby comes. So what do you say?"

Hermione just stared at Draco, "um, sure?"

"Perfect I'll sign the papers later. Come on I'll make you both breakfast." He grinned kissing Hermione's flat stomach as she sat up. 

Draco walked out of the room and made his way to the kitchen, pulling a grey t-shirt over his head. He knew this was his second chance at life and he didn't want to screw it up.

Hermione stumbled out a few moments later wearing a suit for work. "What are you making." She whispered as she snaked her arms around his middle. 

"Pancakes." Draco replied, "now go sit down before I burn them." He scolded playfully.

Just as Hermione was walking over to the table, there was a knock on the door. Germione sighed abd went to open it.

"Hermione! What the hell is wrong with you?" Ron screamed pushing his way into the flat.

"I don't know what you're talking about Ronald." Hermione said sternly.

"You're having a baby with him!" Ron retorted.

"So what if I am... wait how do you know that?"

Ron thrust the newspaper at her and continued on berating her, "honestly, you could have waited a little longer or at least not proclaimed your love for him in public! You're disgraceful." He yelled.

"No she's not." Draco said coolly, walking out of the kitchen. "She's amazing, smart, kind and beautiful and I love her. Now please leave, you're upsetting her. Besides the baby would have happened sooner or later and aren't you and Susan already za few months along?" 

"So What! She's not a death eater."

"Ron!" Hermione finally spoke, "we talked about this, he is not. I thought that you accepted us but apparently not. Please leave now, I dint want to talk to you." 

Ron growled something under his breath but turned and left slamming the door behind him.

"How did he know?" Draco asked, pulling a sobbing Hermione in for a hug. 

"The prophet found out somehow and they've done a spread on our relationship and the Marriage Law." Hermione gasped for air as she buried her head in Draco's chest.

"That's none of their business though!" Draco replied angrily, "we could sue!"

Hermione just let out a sob and hugged Draco closer. 

"Come on mi amore, we can't do anything about it until we've eaten and had your appointment." Draco said kindly stroking Hermione's fuzzy hair.