Chapter 11 - Narcissa finds out

3 days until the wedding

Narcissa Malfoy was nothing but proud of her lineage and eager to maintain it in the generations going forward, so when Draco, her only son, told her of his fiancé she was shocked. 

"Hermione Granger?" She shouted smashing her teacup at a nearby house elf. "Isn't that that mud blood who you went to school with?" 

"Don't call her that mother." Draco replied "I may not like her or want to marry her, but she is meant to be my wife and I cannot allow you to use that language to describe her."

"But our lineage!"

"The war's been and gone mother, we lost, pure blood status doesn't matter any more. I'm not going to deny that I'm unhappy about this arrangement too. But we have to move on with our lives. Which is why I'd like you to come to our wedding."

Narcissa sighed and nodded her head. She did have to get on with her life, Lucius was gone and times had changed. Her son was right she had to move on. So she agreed to coming to the wedding. 

"Good." Draco said and he stood up, kissed his mother's forehead and disapparated back to his flat. He was just about to pick up his book when there was a knock at the door.

"Granger?" He said confused as he opened the door. 

"Yes it's me, we need to talk." Hermione said as she walked in past Malfoy. She noticed that Malfoy's apartment was very monochrome, sleek and modern and on the table was a half read copy of Romeo and Juliet! The very book she had just finished reading! 

Draco noticed Hermione staring at the book and picked it up. "What do you need Granger?" He asked stuffing the book back onto his bookshelf.

"Oh yes, right" Hermione said, "As you know we are getting married in 3 days."

"No need to remind me." Draco groaned.

Hermione gave him a death stare and continued. "From the letter we discovered that we need to live together afterwards."

"All sorted Granger." Draco said cutting her off,

"Well, where are we going to live?" 

"None of your business." Malfoy replied smirking, "you'll just have to wait and see. How are your parents going to come to the wedding?" He added.

"Oh you'll just have to wait and see." Hermione said copying Malfoy's tone and smirk, and with that she turned on her heals and walked out of the flat leaving Malfoy smirking after her.