Chapter 17 - Interrupted

Draco and Hermione stood nose to nose for a few minutes just staring into each other's eyes before a small cough pulled them apart with a jump. "I knew you two were perfect together!" Ginny squealed running over to where Hermione was standing blushing.

"We're not!" Hermione and Draco said in unison, both shocked at their shared thoughts. 

"Sure..." Ginny said, she wasn't buying it at all.

"What are you here for?" Hermione said changing the subject before Ginny could ask any more questions. 

"Mum invited you around for lunch today, can't you remember?" Ginny replied suspiciously.

Hermione groaned, "I'd completely forgot." She said honestly, "I'll be ready in a few minutes." 

"You can come too." Ginny said turning to Draco. 

Draco looked shocked, "Um I'm not sure I'd be welcome." He stammered.

Hermione stuck her head out of the bedroom, "You're my husband and they're my second family, you should come." And before Draco could reply she retracted her blushing face and closed the door.

Ginny and Draco spent the next few minutes in awkward silence, which was interrupted, much to their relief, by Hermione coming out of the bedroom ready to leave. Draco's mouth hung open, Hermione was stunning, she was wearing a deep green pencil skirt and a white flouncy blouse and her hair was tied behind her in a ponytail. Hermione blushed at his face and looked away. "Shall we go?" She asked Ginnny.

Ginny nodded and grabbed her hand and Hermione took Draco's in her own, she was surprised to feel its softness and warmth, and gave it a gentle squeeze as they apparated to the burrow.

They reappeared a few moments later in front of the burrow, which the ministry had rebuilt after the war as a thanks to the Weasleys for their sacrifice. The building was an exact replica of what it once was and Hermione didn't even notice the lack of weathering on the paint. The trio walked up to the kitchen door passing the chicken coop and Ginny knocked on the door. Draco's hands had started to sweat but Hermione kept holding onto them firmly. 

"Ginevra!" Molly Weasley exclaimed as she hugged her daughter, "and Hermione! How are you love?" She asked pulling Hermione in for a hug.

"I'm great thanks Molly." Hermione said, slightly winded from Molly's tight squeeze.

"And Draco! Lovely to finally meet you under better circumstances." Molly exclaimed, pulling a rather shocked Draco into a tight embrace.

"Thank you for your kindness Mrs Weasley, is just like to apologise..." Draco began before Molly cut him off.

"No need for apologies Draco, you were young and we all make mistakes. Besides you can't be too bad if they paired you up with Hermione here." Molly exclaimed. "Now come on in, lunch will be ready in a few hours, the rest of the family is in the sitting room, off you go, chop chop." She continued ushering them through the burrow. 

Hermione and Ginny entered the rooms to cheers of congratulations as Draco stood at the threshold, too frightened to enter. "Draco, in you come." Hermione called, her voice calm and kind.

"What Malfoy? Too scared?" Ron said snearing at Draco's pale face. 

"Ron stop!" Hermione snapped as she took Draco's hand and pulled him over to her seat. "He's my husband, so rid yourself of your petty rivalry."

Ron looked down at his feet and mumbked an apology. 

"Hello, I'm not sure if you remember me but I'm Susan Bones, well I guess I'm Susan Weasley now, it's lovely to see you again." A voice said as a petite woman thrust her hand at Hermione. 

"I remember you too Susan, it's lovely to see you again too. How's being married to Ron?" Hermione chuckled as she took Susan's hand. 

"It's not the worst thing ever." Susan said and she and Hermione began talking animatedly about Hogwarts and their jobs at the ministry before they were interrupted by Ginny and Harry clearing their throats.

"Now that you're all here we'd like to announce something." Harry grinned.

"We're pregnant!" Ginny exclaimed jumping up out of her chair as Molly turned to hug her.

"That's great news Gin!" Hermione smiled as Draco whispered in her ear that he wasn't surprised. 

"Thank you Hermione, mum," Ginny grinned, "don't worry I'm sure you two will be joining us soon!" She added winking at a shocked Draco and Hermione. But before they could answer Molly called everyone through to lunch.