0

Prologue- 2017

Anna Hadid had only loved one man in her entire existence. Chase Maxwell, model, actor, and the fiancé of the biggest IT girl of the century, Anna Hadid.

Their relationship had been nothing short of perfect. From the second they met at a Venice film festival, to the moment they got engaged on that same red carpet, they had been the perfect it couple. Loved by all, with fans all around the world. Anna looked down at her Danhov engagement ring with a smile. She had been one of the lucky ones, a caring, kind man that she was proud to call her fiancé.

Anna smiled as she made her way down the crowded streets of New York City. She was on her way to her shared apartment. Serena Davis, a fellow model and Anna's best friend, had been awaiting the return of her best friend for months. Anna had gotten home a few days early, and had texted Serena as soon as her plane landed, but still had not gotten a reply. When she made it to the door of their apartment building, she smiled at the familiar doorman who welcomed her back with a smile.

"It is good to see you again Ms. Anna." He said opening the door for her. "I hope you had a good trip."

"It's good to be back Jeff." She said walking through the door he had opened for her. "Is Serena here?"

"She is." He said nodding. "Have a nice day Ms. Anna."

As she stepped into the elevator, her heart began to race with excitement. Anna hadn't seen her best friend in four months, for she had been in LA recording her album and doing photo shoots so she hadn't had time to visit anyone in New York.

As the elevator opened she ran excitedly to the girls shared apartment. She pulled out her key and noticed that the door had already been unlocked. Once she opened the door she noticed the TV had been left on. A random show was left playing, and Anna began to wonder where Serena had gone off to.

"Serena?" She called out excitedly as she searched the rather large apartment for her.

She heard a laugh come from Serena's bed room. Anna recognized the laugh immediately, knowing it belonged to Serena, she quickly walked to her room with a large smile, "Look who's hom- oh my god" She exclaimed staring at Serena and Chase who were half naked on Serena's bed. "Are you fucking kidding me?" She screamed.

"Anna!" Chase yelled and he heard her voice. The two sprung away from each other with terrified looks on their faces.

"Oh no don't let me interrupt. You look like you were having fun." She said dropping the bag she had bought Serena and swiftly turned around to exit the room. As she walked out of the bedroom she grabbed her stuff and made her way to the door.

"Wait Anna!" She heard Chase and Serena yell for her.

She stopped in-front of the door and turned to look at them angrily. "Why should I? Wouldn't you rather get back to your activities. Sure looks like you missed me."

"No! I mean- wait-" Chase stuttered. She rolled her eyes at him and began to open the door.

"Anna please don't leave, we need to talk."

She turned back around with her arms crossed yet again, and glare still on her face. "There's not really anything to talk about. Oh before I forget..." she took her ring off, walked over to Chase, and placed it in his hand.

He looked at her stunned. "What?"

"Im breaking up with you." She said with a smile before walking out of the door and slamming it behind her.

Chase and Serena continued to stare at the door after she slammed it. "Do we go after her?" Serena asked Chase.

They looked back at the door quickly as it opened again. "Oh right, you can have this back." Anna said tossing the apartment key at Serena who had failed to catch it. "I'm taking my name off of the apartment, have fun and have a nice life."