Begin Again (2)

Hey everyone! How are you guys? So here's the next chapter. My exams are still going on but I couldn't help it hehe.  Vote, comment, enjoy :D

Quote: "Strangers are exciting, their mystery never ends. But, there's nothing like looking at your own history in the faces of your friends."

Chapter Two

I woke up in the morning feeling weird. Yes, weird. I felt almost dizzy and unable to think where I was. Of course, I was in my room but how I had ended up there, it took me a moment to realize. The night’s event came to me all of sudden and I felt confused. My bare arms were more than warm and my forehead hurt. The rays of sun  peeking through the curtains seemed directed straight towards my eyes. I closed them sighing out loud before realizing something.

Jeremy wasn't by my side. He was going to ignore me again. My heart started to ache. He had acted so different at night, he could have stayed. He didn't have to go for work. It was Sunday. But he always found some excuse to get away from me.

Taking a few deep breaths, I got out of bed and made my way downstairs. Emily was there wearing a light peach colored full length dress with her hair in a bun making breakfast for me probably.

"Good morning," she said smiling as I sat down on the chair at the counter table.

"Morning, where's Jeremy?" I asked her lazily, ignoring my hurting head.

"He left with a friend. Jared, I think." she replied setting some daisies in the fine blue vase on the table.

"Oh okay...," I said disappointed. It was another one of his excuses.

Jared was his best friend. They were childhood friends, went to high school and college together. Jared was a decent guy I’d known him since high school and he dated my best friend. Jennifer and Jared were the perfect couple; they were really cute together, always so romantic and even fighting over the silliest of things.

"Should I get your breakfast ready?" Emily interrupted my thoughts.

"No, I actually have to go meet up with a friend," I said shaking my head. I was going to meet up with one of my colleagues, even though I didn’t like eating breakfast out. She had insisted we meet up on Sunday morning, have breakfast somewhere and discuss work. Her name was Margaret. I called Margaret to let her know I would be coming in a while. She suggested I come to her place since she had the flu and couldn’t get out of the house. I agreed even though I wanted to cancel the plan. I guess I thought I should go see if she was okay.

In ten minutes, I was ready and in my car. I liked driving by myself despite the chauffeur at home which Jeremy had insisted on hiring.

Margaret was cheerful as always even though her flu looked pretty bad. I refused to discuss work with her when I saw her state. Instead, we talked about the usual gossip outside of work. As afternoon came, I decided to let her rest and said goodbye.

Leaving her house, I went to the nearby Starbucks to get myself a cup of coffee. I ran on coffee now because sleep seldom came, leaving me restless. I hadn’t been able to eat more than two bites of the breakfast Margaret had offered me. More than twice I thought about calling Jeremy but decided otherwise.

There were many people there. Some people I recognized who were daily customers, some I didn’t. I silently waited for my turn and humbly got myself a large latte. As I turned to leave, my body collided with someone behind me. The cup from my hand fell to the ground, spilling its contents in a caffeine catastrophe. I gasped, raising my eyes to look at the figure I had collided into.

"Oh my Gosh....I am so sorry," I stuttered, not sure what to.

Embarrassment enveloped me when I saw the look on the man's face. He looked surprised for a minute but then his face showed amusement. He was quite attractive, with dark brown hair and grey eyes. His clothes had not been destroyed- for which I was thankful.