Twice Charmed (6)

Chapter Six

I know, I know it's been a long time. Exams stink okay? Anyways, here's the next chapter. Vote, comment and enjoy :)

Quote: “The point was to learn what it was we feared more: being misunderstood or being betrayed.”

I was stunned when I woke up to find Jeremy's arms secured firmly around me. I breathed into his familiar scent. I smiled at how innocent he looked while sleeping. I buried my face into his neck trying to ignore Candice's harsh words which were still echoing in my ears. A few tears were dancing in my eyes as I remembered her rude words.

I didn’t know whether to ask Jeremy about her, he might get irritated. I decided to keep my mouth shut and not think about her. But I couldn’t help wondering if what she had said was true.

"Good morning." I smiled as Jeremy's sweet voice filled my ears. Wiping away my tears, I turned to look up at him. He grinned at me, planting a soft kiss on my lips.

Jeremy’s hair was rumpled as if wind blown. His eyes were the color of deep blue sea with hints of golden and green. He was perfection. My perfection.

I never met his parents. They died when he was only five so at the age of eighteen he inherited ‘Alistair Holding’. His uncle, his father’s brother, controlled the company and business until Jeremy finished college and helped him on his way. Today, Jeremy Alistair was a fast rising entrepreneur.

Jeremy had always had a close relationship with his uncle but his aunt, his mother’s sister had adopted him and brought him up as her own son. She had a daughter, Georgina, and a son, Brent, they were really close. They were his family.

I didn’t have anyone but Jeremy and a few distant relatives whom I barely met and my grandparents. My parents died when I was only eighteen back in high school.

"What's the time?" he yawned.

"I don't know. Why? Are you going to leave for work?"

"No, silly. It's Sunday today,” Jeremy said, smirking as he leaned forward and kissed me again.

"Oh," I smiled resting my head on his arm. Jeremy played with my hair as I fell asleep again.

I opened my eyes some time later and was welcomed by a sweet scent filling my nostrils. Someone was stroking my hair, Jeremy. I was surprised that he had stayed. I smiled looking up at him.

 "Good morning again," he grinned kissing my forehead.

"I'm tired," I said, smiling back at him. 

"And I'm hungry," he stated sarcastically. I giggled childishly and slowly sat up in bed.

Despite my tiredness, I got up and threw my night gown on. Running a hand through my hair, I went downstairs with a shirtless Jeremy behind me. Jeremy was in a mood which surprised me. Jeremy, the one that I knew always was controlled, calm and funny. He didn’t take things too seriously but he was short tempered. His temper didn’t last very long. He had the ability to turn right into wrong and wrong into right in two seconds.

In high school when I had first met him, I had been awed by him. He had smiled and said a few words which had swept me off my feet. He had always been there for me. After the death of my parents and my only brother, Kevin, things hadn’t been right for us. I had been devastated and broken and misunderstandings tore us away from each other. We were like strangers but I never stopped loving him. But we made it work.

I had been so sure when I had accepted his proposal. I had never doubted my decision but I wondered if he did.

Upon entering the kitchen, I marveled at how clean it was. I wasn’t good at cooking although I was good at baking.