Sleeping With A Friend

"If my hearts gonna break before the nights gonna end, we're in danger, sleeping with a friend"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB7R0ZY9w94

Thursday came and went faster than I was anticipating, and Friday morning I was scrambling to gather up all my money to drop it in my Landlord's mailbox by 5pm. I returned from the bank, near on $1000 in my hand in bills, gripping on to them with a deathgrip. When they had safely been deposited in the drop box she had on the front of her door, I sighed a breath of relief, which was short lived when I remembered that I would have to do the same rat's race this month, and the next until I had a solid savings built up.

My phone buzzed in my hand, and I slid it open, reading the text as I debated what I was going to have for dinner. My groceries had dwindled quickly, and I was in desperate need for another grocery run.

Spencer
Working tonight I assume?

I hadn't heard from the man all week, besides a few texts here and there if I texted first. It made sense, he was 30 or so now, so he probably had a real job, and didn't have time for me. It didn't hurt my feelings, I understood. Honestly, I didn't really respond until I was off work anyway. This text of him initiating conversation was a shocker though, and I felt my heart clench in excitement.

Me
You know what they say about assumptions...

Me
But yes, I'm working the bar tonight I guess.

Desiree had sent me the schedule on Wednesday, and I was working on bar with one of the other girls, Grace. I was kind of sad, I wanted to do more classes with Spencer, but I suppose they switched off, because one of the other Dominants, Angel, was doing a crash course as a dominatrix. Half of me wanted to poke my head in, just for shits and giggles, but the bar was always overcrowded on Fridays, and Grace would skin me alive.

I hadn't met Grace, but from the picture on her instagram, she was no nonsense. Anyone who could sit that long for that many tattoos had the patience of a saint, but also the badass personality of a mob boss. Jennie friended me first, then when the rest of the staff saw that we were friends when she tagged me in a picture from our lunch date, I was suddenly flooded with around 20 followers, but not one from Spencer. It didn't help that he had the most typical white boy name out there, and I didn't know his last name, so I couldn't even stalk him.

Spencer
Well good, I can visit you while I work floor security.

I felt a bubble of joy rise in me and I had to put my phone down so as not to squeal in girlish excitement. My phone buzzed again moments later.

Spencer
I'll pick you up at 6.

I frowned, not that I didn't appreciate the ride, but I didn't want to impose, and I certainly didn't want him to think I expected his assistance.

Me
Oh no! That's okay, I'm nowhere near ready yet and I don't want you to be late.Plus I haven't even showered.

I glanced at the clock, it was 5:40 now. I still had to change and do my makeup, and I was even debating a shower. I sniffed my shirt, yep, I smelled like dishwater and coffee, a shower was required. I heard it buzz as I was about to step into the shower and I tilted my head to see his message, because of course he would argue with me.

Spencer
Wasn't a request. I'll see you in 15 minutes.

"Fifteen minutes!? Fucking hell!" I scrambled into the shower, washing my hair with my 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner I used when I was just touching up my hair and let it sit in my hair as I rushed to shave my 2 day old stubble. Each time I nicked my skin I swore, muttering under my breath. Not only was he about to be late because of me, I was about to be covered in bandaids. Luckily, because of my position at the bar tonight, I was able to have more freedom with my outfit, so stockings were going to be my friend.