Pieces

At what point is it safe to admit that you are afraid to lose someone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z740b51R0qY

Spencer lowered me gently into my bed, my previous fears that he couldn't lift me vanishing the moment he had stood, taking me with him, not letting our lips part. My girlish elation at the motion fading quickly into an emotional reaction of being safe in his arms. Not once did I fear being dropped, and when my back finally hit the mattress and he climbed over me, I was almost sad I was no longer being lifted by him.

The lights in my apartment were low, the only light coming in through the slats of the blinds on my windows, a yellow gold glow from the streetlamp, with streaks from the rain I only now realized was driving down on the window panes. He hovered over me, his arms braced on either side of my head as he watched me carefully. I tried to quiet my breathing, not sure exactly why my heart was beating so hard against my chest, so hard it hurt but in the best way. Sex with Aiden was just a chore, but as I watched Spencer's hands drift to the hem of my shirt, and his eyes flick up to me, I realized that it was a privilege, and Spencer was asking permission to enjoy it. I nodded, and his large hands hooked under the fabric, and slid it carefully up my body.

I sat up, my eyes never leaving his as he pulled it off and tossed it to the side, his hands making quick work of the bra and tossing it aside now. When Spencer began to stare, I realized he had never seen me fully naked... in fact, he really hadn't seen much of me at all. I bit my lip, letting him stare as I reached for the end of the t-shirt he was wearing, having pulled off his dress shirt in the living room.

When his chest was exposed to me, I ran my hand down over the planes of his skin, stopping only momentarily on any scar or imperfection I found, trying to commit them to memory. When my hand landed on the one by his neck, he dipped his head down pulling my attention away from it with a kiss. My hands changed course, cupping his face as his hand braced by my ear, his left hand drifting down to my leg... where there was a new addition.

I hissed at the unfamiliar and new pain and he stopped, pulling his hand away to continue elsewhere. He only hesitated a moment before it dragged along my stomach and rested under the skin of my breast tickling the sensitive flesh there. I arched, giggling quietly against his lips, which made him smile and kiss me again. "You know, this is more what I had in mind." He said quietly, dipping his head down further to kiss along my neck and my newly exposed chest.

"I'll be honest," I said interrupted by a gasp when his hand engulfed my right breast, and his teeth scraped against a sensitive point on my neck. "There are less whips and chains than I was expecting." I teased, which only served to make him drop his head to my chest, bracing his forehead against my sternum as he laughed, deciding to kiss the end of the bone as he did.

"Sorry to disappoint... next time." He promised, giving me a wink as he slid down my body, my hands following as I played with his hair. When he knelt beside my bed, and pulled my legs until they hung over the bed I sat up nervously. He kept the eye contact as he looped his fingers under the waist line and tugged it down.

"Spencer, wait." He stopped instantly, looking up to me concerned. "I uhm..." He moved to stand, and understanding smile on his face but with a quick motion and a strong hand pushing him back to the floor (which earned me a look of warning, enough to make me shiver) I was shaking my head. "I... well... something's changed." He gave me a curious look and I giggled as I dropped my shoulders to the bed, lifting my hips to allow him to pull the fabric down and expose the SecondSkin bandage covering the still tender skin of my new tattoo. He paused, and when I looked up he was staring at it in awe.

"When... when did you get that?" He asked quietly, his hand reaching out to touch it, but remembering my hiss of pain, didn't make contact, just hovering above it.