I Don't Deserve It

When worlds collide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvxC46-duOI

Grace walked up the last few steps intp (Y/n)'s apartment, two grocery bags on either of her arms as she sent the final text to (Y/n) letting her know that she had picked up the things she needed and brought them to the house. She looked up, concerned at first that the door was open, but when Daisy chased after a toy that was tossed, her tail wagging furiously as she ran back. She poked her head in, recognizing both men as soon as they recognized her.

"Grace!"

"Hey Derek." She said, breathing a sigh of relief as she entered the apartment, emptying the bags she was carrying and spilled them out, placing the soap and other cleaning supplies under the sink and then opened the baking powder, sliding it into the fridge. She didn't know why (Y/n) asked her to replace the old box, chalking it up to some weird northern thing. "I didn't know you'd be here." She said, finally addressing them again.

"Me and my friend Dave were playing poker and I wanted to check on Daisy." The dog squeaked her toy a few times in greeting. Grace smiled, waving to the pup. "Did you see the letter (Y/n) got? I haven't opened it but it's from the adoption agency. I think she got Daisy."

"Fuck I hope so." Grace said, flinching when she realized that there was another man in the room, a man she knew too well. From the awkward shuffling of his feet, he realized when she walked in who she was. "With all the shit that's going on, I'd go and hold them at gun point."

"How's she doing anyway?" Derek asked, standing to help Grace place a box of cereal on the top shelf.

"Well, Spencer went up to see her, and from what she's said he's helping a lot." Both men froze, and Grace looked up from where she had stolen a cookie from a box, looking carefully between them.

"Spencer?" Dave asked, sitting up, his eyes locking on Grace, a nervous glance to Derek informing her of a silent conversation.

"Yea... Spencer? Six one, scrawny, brown hair?" Grace said carefully, her heart beating quickly. "Why, is there something I should know?"

Dave's face spread into a wide grin, and Derek scoffed, leaning his lower back on the counter. "You're telling me that Spencer Reid, is dating your neighbor, and you didn't know?" He directed at Derek who just glared at him good naturedly.

"He never gave me a name! And she told me his name was Aiden." Derek rubbed his face a giddy smile on his face.

"Wait... you know Spencer?" Grace asked, shaking her head and looking between them. "How?"

"We work with him, I mean I do, Derek doesn't anymore."

Grace's face lit up and she hopped on her feet with a bright smile and a laugh. "Wait so you know what his day job is!?" They nodded. "Oh come on, you gotta tell me. We've got a pot going!" The men looked to each other carefully, Dave shrugged and nodded and Derek sighed defeated, but the smile on his face was clear that it was not out of reluctance.

"He's a Profiler with the FBI." Derek said easily. "So is Dave, and so was I." Grace's jaw dropped dramatically and she looked between both men to see if they were lying.

"Shut the fuck up. No way." Dave smirked, and stood, reaching into his back pocket to produce what at first looked like a wallet, but when he flipped it open, was a badge and FBI credentials. Grace snatched it from his hand, turning it over in hers to look at it more clearly. Dave made a face of amused annoyance and rolled his eyes. "Shut the fuck up, there is no way Spencer is an FBI agent."

"One of the best." Dave said, taking his badge back and sliding it into his breast pocket. "And it's obvious from this he can keep one hell of a secret." He mumbled, looking over to Derek who was still trying to comprehend that the kid he called a son and the girl down the road he was furiously protective over were now dating. He didn't know who to interrogate or who to defend with a shotgun on his front porch.