Chapter 12

I see two bullheads outside that are slowly landing, I head to Ozpin's office to talk what this is about. When I get there I hear Glynda say,

Glynda: "Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels."

Me: "Well that is certainly a strange name for a person"

Glynda: "Y/N ? When did you get here ?"

Me: "Just now mom, so who is this Ironwood person ?"

Ozpin: "Well he is the general of the Atlas military and headmaster as well"

Me: "Oh alright"

A chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Ozpin turns to see a hollow-message 'Access Requested' on his desk.

Ozpin: "Come in."

Ironwood: (cordially) "Ozpin!"

Ozpin stands at attention.

Ozpin: "Hello, General."

Ironwood: "Please, drop the formalities." (Both approach and shake hands as Glynda also approaches.) "It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met."

Glynda: "Oh, James !" (Gives a personable wave and then drops all pleasantries.) "I'll be outside." (She walks away.)

Ironwood: "Well, she hasn't changed a bit."

Me: "Oh so James is your real name"

Ironwood: "Excuse me but what are you doing here ?"

Me: "You just noticed me ? I must be really good at blending in with my surroundings"

Ozpin: "Don't worry about him James, I trust him"

Ironwood: "Alright if you say so"

Ozpin: (As he turns to his desk...) "So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas ?" (He picks up a mug and a kettle, pouring as he speaks.) "Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival." (He turns and offers the cup to Ironwood.)

Ironwood: (He took it and there was a clink) "Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year." (Ironwood produces a canteen from his inside coat pocket and pours its contents into his mug.) "Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up." (Ozpin walks around to his desk, kettle and a new mug in hand.)

Ozpin: (Ozpin sits and pours himself some coffee.) "I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned."

Ironwood: "Well, concerned is what brought them here."

Ozpin: "I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult."

Ironwood: "Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men."

Ozpin: (Takes a drink and sets down his mug.) "We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression." (Offscreen, Ironwood can be heard setting his mug down.)

Ironwood: "But if what Qrow said is true..."

Ozpin: "If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully." (Ozpin emphasizes this as he holds up an index finger.) "It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent."

Ironwood: "I'm just being cautious."

Ozpin: "As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can."