CHAPTER 9 - SILENT ANGER

Kota stood in front of Jhenie’s table looking at the empty seat the wooden furnace that held too much clutter of paper. Considering the fact that the vampire lady seemed to be so calm, he never thought that she could be this disorganized.

He heard several hurrying footsteps outside. When they finally opened the door, Kota was taken aback.

Aya and Sandie were helping a limped girl in their arms. She had bruised all over and a silver dagger was still protruding from the left side of her stomach. There were bloodstains in her skin and face. Her dark jeans showed gushes in her long slim legs and her blouse was torn in the stomach where the dagger was.

Her long straight black hair was covering her face yet Kota felt a stirring in his joints. He was transfixed at the site and he could almost feel the burning pain in his side as if he was the one stabbed by the knife.

“Satomi…” he whispered and held his breath. He wanted to tear himself apart and wished that all he was seeing was merely a dream.

The vampires put Satomi on the couch and helped her lie down.

Jhenie came after them, Shizuka and Yuki on her heels.

Yuri, Kei, Ryosuke, Daiki and Ryutaro followed. They must have seen what was happening from the living and rushed in.

Jhenie bent down in front of Satomi. “Get some blood from the stocks. She needed to drink some.”

“We don’t have any supplies left, Jhenie-sama.” It was Shizuka. “With the ongoing hunting, chaos and stirring, we couldn’t risk ourselves to get some supplies. The other clan must have an eye on the other blood banks and our suppliers were all threatened thus they wouldn’t give us the usual.”

“When did it start happening?” Jhenie asked brushing her hair in her hands in frustration. It seemed that she lost most of her glow since the Hunters’ last visit. Daiki was immediately in her side and caressing her back.

“Let me give her some blood.” Kei said and stepped in.

“No!” Aya exclaimed. “It will only hurt you if we allow her to have a bite from you and Haruka needed you. She had drunk enough of your blood last time but since she hasn’t had her life line for so long, she was still struggling to maintain her health.

“Let me do it, then.” Kota said stepping in front of them. He stared at the almost lifeless body lying on the couch.

The vampires stared at him. “You don’t need to do this.” It was Jhenie. “We are not sure if you are her lifeline.”

“I don’t care.” Kota said and sat on his knees in front of Satomi.

“It might hurt you.” Jhenie said, concern was evident in her eyes.

“At her state right now, she will not be able to bite.” Sandie who was caressing Satomi’s face informed them.