CHAPTER 16 - LOOSING COMFORT

Keito and Yuto slumped in front of a huge television set while Ryosuke fiddled on the remote control in the sofa. Whatever station he switch it to, there were the same news.

“More mutilated bodies were found in another empty lot in the alley near the Kriyo Mart earlier this morning. Two of them were reported missing since last week. The authorities were still trying to find out who the  others are.

“According to those who found the bodies, they were going to the mart to open the store when they saw the bodies lying in the alley. The young daughter of the owner of the store was still in shock upon seeing the mutilated bodies.

“The neighbors said that they didn’t hear anything the night before so they didn’t have any idea who dumped the dead bodies there.

“The authorities conclude that the killing didn’t happen in the community. They were still investigating these cases.

“We would like to remind everybody to be careful. Don’t walk on the street alone and be careful at night.”

Ryosuke turned off the television.

“Hey, I am watching that!” Yuto exclaimed in annoyance.

“What’s there to watch. We already know that this is happening. These cases kept all of us well-occupied that we couldn’t even go to work anymore.” Ryosuke complained.

Keito sighed while flipping his marketing 101 book. Due to the recent incidents, most universities suspended classes, making sure that the students stay at home or their dormitories.

Kota had also asked for a leave for the group. Keito wondered why their management allowed it. It was favorable for them, though yet he kept on receiving e-mails asking if the members were fine. He even received several messages from Johnny himself telling him that he still couldn’t get through Yuya and asking Keito if they were able to contact him.

Keito couldn’t answer the old man since Yuya and Chinen’s mission was a secret as well as being hunters must be kept a secret, too.

Thinking about it, the two haven’t come back from the seiden since the day they went there. He couldn’t stop feeling worried yet he kept on reminding himself that they would be fine.

Keito was startled when Yuto’s phone rang beside him. Yuto picked it up and made a tired expression. Yuto had been having more and more of that expression in the past few days. And Keito could already guess what the call was  about.

“Hai, nii-chan.” Yuto said. “Hai. We’ll meet you there.” He said and cut the line put it inside the vest under his black leather jacket.

“Were is it this time?” Ryosuke asked.

“Haito street, near Madison Club,” Yuto answered and grabbed his black backpack and filled the front pocket with silver bullets that were scattered on the floor.

Keito did the same. He grabbed about a few handful and stuffed it inside the front pocket of his backpack. He checked the gun inside to make sure that no barrel isn’t filled. He took the shiny silver blade that he had been cleaning from the table and secured it on one of his boots. He carefully picked up Shizuka’s knife, stared at it for a while and put in on the scabbard inside the thigh pocket of his six pocket jeans.