CHAPTER 42 - JADED FEELINGS

CHAPTER 42

JADED FEELINGS

"Must get this to them." She clutched her side. "Damn!" she cursed as she hid behind a huge trunk while breathing wildly. She closed her eyes and held her breath as she heard twigs snapping from running feet.

"She's not here." She heard one of them shouted.

"Please..." she prayed.

More twigs and leaves snapped as the footsteps ran away from her.

"Puff!" she sighed heavily.

She closed her eyes and stood up very carefully. She needed to bear the pain. She had to. She needed to bring them the notebook. Tears stung her eyes as she snapped at the wood that held the metal end of the silver arrow.

Yuri slowly opened his eyes. His mind was clouded. "Hunters?" he asked himself.

SANDIE FOUND HERSELF COOKING THE MEAL FOR THE DAY. She just finished porridge when she heard a hurried knock on the door. She put the meal on the nearest table and peeked on the wooden door. Her eyes widened in shock as she opened the door wider.

"Hana!" she exclaimed as she dragged Hana's almost lifeless body inside the old church. "What happened to you?"

She tried to sit her in one of the bleachers.

That was when Elder Rosendo opened the large oak doors and barged in. His old wearied brows notched in fear and shock. "What happened to her?"

"I don't know." Sandie answered the elder.

"Let's bring her to a room immediately."

They helped Hana on her feet and brought her to an empty room in the huge church. They laid her in the immaculately white bed, while cradling her head on a feathery pillow.

Elder Rosendo examined her wounds. She had lots of gushes on her arms and legs but one was the most prominent, it was the cut in her left stomach. "She was cut by silver arrow. The end is still attached to her flesh. It seems that she cut the rest from its end. Smart girl, she is. If she tried to take it all out, she would have lost all her blood and died."

Sandie bit her lower lip.

"Call the vampires and the hunters alike. This seems not to be a normal wound to me."

Sandie went out of the room and left Hana with the elder.

Hana tried to open her eyes. "In my pocket..." she whispered in a tired voice.

"Huh?"

"Pocket..." she mouthed and tried to pull something from the inside pocket of her vest.

"Don't move too much, child." She was asked but did anyway. She pulled out a pocket notebook. She handed it out to the elder primera.

"What is this?" he asked as he flipped the notebook. There were scribbling here and there. There were ancient symbols and doodles in some of the pages.

"These are...?"

"Elderly Rosendo, what happened?!" Jhenie asked in a hurried voice.

The elder looked at the new comers. "She was struck by a hunter's bow."

The vampires and hunters alike stared at her wounds. "What shall we do?" Jhenie asked.

"We need the power of her lifeline." The elder answered.

"But we don't know who her lifeline is." Aya said.

The other vampires looked at each other seemingly having one thought, all concerned Hana's lifeline.