CHAPTER 36 - CHAOS IN THE CITY

“IF THEY WON’T GO OUT, THEN WE WILL MAKE THEM!”

“Yes, my lord!”

I am live here in Hokkaido where more bodies were found scattered on the streets. The witnesses told the police that there were men who went inside houses and killed them.

One resident told us that they sucked the blood and tore the flesh of the victims before the killers scattered the bodies on the streets.

The question that remained in the minds of the residents, are these flesh eaters real live vampires? Are we still safe inside our houses?

This is your field reporter, Yoga Karen. Back to the studio.

“Why did you turn off the radio, Kota-nii?” Ryosuke who was still resting asked the oldest jump.

Kota sighed. “I just don’t get it. Why would they go to the point of revealing the existence of vampires? What do they want to do?”

Ryosuke slumped on his bed. “Yeah, you are right. Why?”

The door of the room opened suddenly. It revealed a flustered Yuri.

“Kota-nii! We found the rio-bios!” he exclaimed.

Kota stood up from his chair in shock. “What do you mean?”

“Yuya-nii…” he started. “He is the rio-bios. We confirmed it. Haruka already woke up.”

“What?!” Ryosuke asked and tried to stand.

“Stay here!” Kota commanded and followed Yuri.

Yuri hurriedly opened Haruka’s room. Kei was seated beside the futon while Yuya was slumped beside the wall. There was a shock expression on his eyes.

“Haruka just slept again.” Kei said.

Kota stared at Yuya. “Is it true? Are you really the rio-bios?” he asked.

Yuya looked back at him. His own expression told Kota that, he too, has so many questions.

Kota looked back at Yuri. “How did you happen to know… about this?”

Yuri looked blankly at the wall ahead. “It was just a wild guess.” He said.

“That’s not true, isn’t it?”

Yuri shook his head. “His mark. I saw his mark on Sir Vermelli.”

Yuya’s hand immediately flew to the mark in his shoulder. “This mark?” he asked and pulled up his sleeve.

“Hai!”  

“I didn’t know you have such a mark.” Kota commented. They used to wear sleeve less shirts before but he never noticed such a mark.

“I do…” Yuya let his voice trail. “Demo, it was usually unnoticeable but just these few days… it became really clear. I thought it was probably because my tan was coming off… kedo…”

“It’s probably your destiny calling you…”

They looked back at the voice. Jhenie looked at them with a smile.

“Destiny?” Yuya asked.

“This…” she said. “To fulfill your duties as a rio-bios, to become the most powerful vampire hunter of them all.” She explained.

“But I am not that great, compared to the others. Ryosuke and Keito are better fighters than I am. Yuto and Daiki have powers. I am not entirely useless, but I am not great.”

Jhenie smiled at him. “No one knows their destiny, not even seers can. You and you alone create your destiny.”

The hunters stared at her. She seemed to know something that they don’t.

“I’m glad, Haruka has finally woken up.” She commented and smiled. She walked away with the wind in her feet.

“WE ARE CALLED AT THE COUNCIL, ALL OF US.” Daiki announced after he went back from checking things in Tokyo.

“Doshite?” Kota asked.

“The vampires seemed to be at large. The council couldn’t protect this secret anymore. More and more people are dying. They are sensing what’s going on. They know that vampires are roaming the world.

“If you could just see the state of the cities, it was miserable.”

“When will this meeting be?” Kota asked.

“Tomorrow,” Daiki answered.

“Tomorrow?!” Kota asked in shock.

“Hai!”

“Then we have to start going now?” Yuri asked.

“Hai!”

“Ehhh!” Ryosuke and Yuto exclaimed.

“Start packing your things. Bring everything you need. We will not be back for a while.” Kota commanded.

“Hai!” the others said though Kota was sure he caught disagreement in their tones.