CHAPTER 34 - ALBEIT

“WHERE IS SHIZUKA?” Keito asked as the hunters stepped on the dojo.

“Gomen…” Kota apologized. “We couldn’t find her.”

Keito gritted his teeth in anger.

“A-anou…” Yuto started looking at his best friend. “I-I burned the whole building.” He said rather apologetic.

“You what?!”

“Gomenasai… I just thought it would be for the better. I wanted to make sure that most vampires, if not all will not survive. I just got carried away. I didn’t think…”

Keito was now pacing the wall opposite them. He was so angry, he could hit Yuto at the time being but his sense was telling him to hold on.

The vampires and the hunters avoided each others eyes. Neither one knew what to say.

“A-anou…” Yuto stammered. He bowed to them, “Gomenasai. Hontou ni gomenasai.”

“Iie.” It was Jhenie. “Don’t worry, we will find Shizuka.” She told him in a very soft voice. “For now, we have to take care of Natsu.” She said and looked at the prisoner.

Natsu was blind-folded. They made sure that she wouldn’t be able to see the way towards the village. Though, Yuto had a hold on her, they still couldn’t be relaxed. She is a very powerful vampire after all.

Jhenie nodded. Yuki and Sandhie took the vampire in the arms.

Natsu felt the powerful hands on her arms. “Where are you bringing me?” she asked while struggling against their hold. “Let me go!” She exclaimed as they dragged her away. “Yuto!”

Yuto just stared as they brought her away.

Jhenie sighed. Her usual calm features seemed to aged a lot. “They will ask her for an answer. I hope she can help us look for Shizuka.”

Yuto nodded.

“Aya, will you start looking for her?” Jhenie asked the metaphysicist.

Aya stared at Yuto before she nodded and went away.

Without looking back, Keito followed Aya.

“Ah, anou…” Yuri started. “Jhenie-sama, can I talk to you?” he asked.

Jhenie looked around her before tilting her head.

“In private.” He said.

Jhenie eyed both the hunters and vampires who was as shock as she was at Yuri’s request.

She nodded then walked away. Yuri followed, aware of the questioning gaze that he was getting from the people around him.