CHAPTER 23 - THE AWAKENING

DAIKI AND KOTA stopped on a corridor.

“Where could they have hidden their prisoners?” Daiki asked.

Kota stopped on his tracks and hushed him down. They could hear flaps of wings and footsteps coming their way. They both cursed silently as they couldn’t see anyway to avoid the vampires.

They were still straining to listen when they heard a foot landing beside them.

“Ohayo!” the vampire who took Yuto greeted them with a smile.

Kota and Daiki couldn’t stop staring as she really was very beautiful as she had already freshened up.

“Oh, Yuto. You have some visitors.” She called.

The footsteps stopped behind them. Looking back, Daiki and Kota gasped being face to face with Yuto. At Yuto’s back, there are more vampires.

“They are here for you, Yuto.” The lady vampire said.

Yuto just stared at them.

“Shit!” Daiki cursed. Yuto’s eyes seemed to be unseeing. They he was looking at them, there was no expression to tell them that he recognized them.

“You are using Yuto’s mind?!” Kota asked angrily.

“Eh, Yuto-kun, they don’t seem to be happy to see you.” She said and floated towards Yuto. She angled her hand on his arm. “Will you take care of them for me then, Yuto-kun?” she asked sweetly and poked Yuto on his cheek.

“Hai, Natsu-sama.” He answered.

Yuto stepped forward. He took his sword from its scabbard and aimed it to them.

Daiki and Kota clasped at their own sword.

“I’ll take care of Yuto, you take care of the others.” Daiki commanded their eldest.

“That seems unfair but then, let’s go!” Kota agreed and moved away aiming for the lady vampire.

Daiki regretted asking Kota for this. He couldn’t even get himself to hit the younger Jump. All he could do was block the sword swings that Yuto was sending him.

Yuto was a fine fighter. He could use his sword well, and he had a drive slice Daiki in half which Daiki didn’t have.

He was almost breathless when Yuto drove him towards a wall. The younger’s sword almost tearing on his neck. “Damn!” he cursed. He pushed Yuto away using his sword. The younger one was quick on his pace and came back again but Daiki was able to change his position. Yuto found his back on the wall with Daiki’s sword on his throat.

Of course, Daiki didn’t want to hurt the younger one but the younger one was determined to kill him.