CHAPTER 3 THE LIFELINE

A/N: Pic: Ryutaro Morimoto

“Ahhh!” Yuri shouted in pain as Haruka bared her pangs in his neck. He had been anticipating it but the pain was increased when she sucked his blood. He could feel his blood oozing from the wound and there was no feeling of extreme bliss in it. “Yamete!” he cried out loud.

Haruka stopped sucking and let him go. “Anou. Gomenasai.” She said. Her mouth was full of his blood.

Yuri stared at her frightened face. She seemed to be about to cry. “Iie, its nothing.” He said as he tried to touch his wounded neck. Shizuka handed him some tissue and helped him clean his cut.

“Anou, hontou gomenasai.” Haruka bowed to him.

He shook his head. “Really, you don’t have to say sorry.”

“I guess we’ll start looking for another lifeline, then.” It was Shizuka.

Yuri nodded and stared at Haruka in pity. She was sobbing silently as she cleaned herself. He extended his hand to her hair. It was very soft to his touch. He caressed it softly. “Don’t worry, it didn’t hurt that much,” he lied since it was still hurting so much. “You’ll find him, soon.”

“Hai, believe him. He is a dreamer.” Shizuka seconded.

Haruka snapped at him. “Hontou?” she asked.

Yuri looked at Shizuka who nodded. He smiled at Haruka, “Hai.”

Haruka sighed in happiness. “Did you see it in your dream?” she asked.

In his peripheral vision, Yuri saw Shizuka nodded. “Hai.”

“Who is he?”

“I-I, a-anou, I couldn’t exactly see his face.” He stammered. He was a very bad liar, he had known that.

“Souka. So, I’ll just have to wait for him then.”

Yuri laughed a little, “Hai.” He said laughing silently. He liked this girl’s naivety.

“Ehem.”

They looked at that sound. Yuri blinked twice. It was Aya. His heart started to skip. She was prettier in person though she had a snobbish air in her. “Your friend is upstairs.”

“Ah, right. I almost forgot about that. You came to pick him up, right.” It was Shizuka.

Yuri snapped at them. He stood and faced Aya. “Ryutaro, he is here?!”

“Hai, though he is quite busy at the moment.” Aya answered.

“Eh, you are a friend of the hunter?” Haruka asked. Her eyes full of fear.