CHAPTER 15 - FINDING SOLACE

Jhenie blinked at the small light that was coming from the dim light beside her bed. She heaved as she saw in the back of her mind the things that happened previously.

She found herself stood up as she remembered him.

“Jhenie-sama, stop! Don’t get up! You just woke up.” Hana scolded her and pushed her gently back on the bed.

Jhenie let her back slump back on the bed. “Where is Daiki?” she asked. “How was he?”

Hana smiled. “He is fine. You don’t need to worry. He is still sleeping, probably because of fatigue.” She shook her head. “I heard what happened. I didn’t expect anything.”

Jhenie sighed and stared at the ceiling. She was still confused. She couldn’t remember everything well. It was all hazy and blurry but she could remember seeing Daiki’s angry eyes and the roofs collapsing before she totally lost consciousness.

“Don’t think too much, Jhenie-sama. Rest first. We will tell you everything when you are already well rested.”

Jhenie sighed and went back to the darkness as she closed her eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let me go!”

The vampires stared at the lady inside the prison.

“What shall we do with her?” Shizuka asked Aya.

Aya looked at her friend. There was doubt in her eyes unlike the usual confident Aya that Shizuka knows. “I don’t know. I don’t want to bother Jhenie-sama with this kind of news. And Daiki..” she sighed. “Daiki hasn’t woke up yet. And Haruka…” Aya was almost tearing. “And Haruka, she was getting worse.”

Shizuka held her friend to her. She let her tears fall down.

“I just want this to stop! All of this!” Aya exclaimed through her tears.

“Stop this?!” A shrill laughter followed. The prisoner, with her hands tied in chain  and in her head snickered. They blindfolded her eyes and let her stay in the rotten prison and yet she was still very stubborn.

“Shut up, bitch!” Shizuka cursed. Even the prim and proper Shizuka couldn’t stop herself and lost control.

The prisoner snickered more.

“Come on, let us just go!” Aya said and pulled Shizuka away.

“You wouldn’t be able to stop him!” The prisoner shouted. “He will wake up the master and then, our clan will be the greatest again!”

Aya and Shizuka stopped. The prisoner must have sensed this and continued to laugh. “We will rule this world as we did hundreds of years ago. Nobody would stop us, even you, muggle – loving blood traitors.”