IV

"BETH?!?" Wales shreaked. "United is getting married to this whore?!?" || WHAT?!? ||

"What is it with this family and calling women derogatory names?!" England groaned. Scotland nodded in agreement. "Yeah, what the fuck?"

"You know what, I'm going to retire for the night." France whispered, still in shock. An hour ago she didn't even know this guy existed, and now she was going to be married? Anyone would be in shock, but she had just recently turned eighteen, she was barely an adult. And now she was married. Well, engaged.

"Ah, yes. Up the stairs, turn left, up the stairs again, turn right, then the forth door on your left, dear. Oh, and, sorry about Wales's attitude," Scotland added as she walked past her.

She ran up the stairs, feeling tears prick at her eyes. She refused to let them out though, because one, she wouldn't be able to see, and two, she wouldn't let this affect her so much.

Finding her room, she peaked inside before pushing the door open and flopping on her bed. Fine, she was overreacting, but who wouldn't?

A knock on the open door interrupting her thoughts. "Entrez!" She yelled through her pillow. She felt a dip in the bed as someone sat on the unfamiliar sheets.

A hand started petting her hair, trying to comfort the adult child.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, it's alright," she heard her mother's voice comfortingly tell her.

"...mother...?"

"That's me, my dear,"

She flipped herself over to stare at the wall. She saw her mother's usually cold, hard face seem melted, just a tad.

"Why?" She asked, throwing her hands up.

"Why what, dear?"

"I've just become an adult, maman. Why do soon?"

"You know I love you, chère,"

"You never show it,"

"Do you love your country?"

"...yes..."

"...please... just go with it... you're only getting married..."

France looked up, trying to find the best in it. "Alright,"

"Really?"

"For you,"

The United Kingdom was in his room as well, though he seemed to handling the news much better, as he was reading a book. Slowly realizing something, he rose from his seat and calmly walked to the room he saw his father last.

Mother and Father were arguing about something stupid like they always were, when he interrupted the two.

"Father,"

"What?" He responded with a flat tone, probably tired and didn't want to face an argument with his oldest son.

"Spain-"

"What about her?"

Realization dawned on the older country's face. "Shit."

"What have I said about cursing around the kids-"

"You do it too much you hypocrite!!"

"Ha, you have the nerve to call me a hypocrite? Have you looked at yourself lately?"

England ignored her jabbing insult and turned back at Jack. "Send 'er a letter. Tell her about the alliance and hope she understands."

"Seriously? That's your plan?" Scotland muttered.

"As if you have a better idea!"

"Who says Iberia won't like, attack us?"

"I'm gonna go- write the letter. Yeah. You guys can keep- doing what you want." UK volunteered.

•••

He sat at his letter writing desk, wondering what to put in the letter other than;

Hello Spain,

I'm getting married to someone else.

Piss off.

Yeah, something in him told him that it wouldn't be a great idea to send her that.

Instead, he took a more friendly approach.

Hello Spain,

How are you? I'm doing great. Except for the fact I'm getting married.

Not to you, unfortunately.

To France.

Yeah.

Best regards,

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒰𝓃𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒦𝒾𝓃𝑔𝒹𝑜𝓂 𝑜𝒻 𝒢𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝐵𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒩𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝓃 𝐼𝓇𝑒𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹

Simple enough. One of his father's advisors would fix it up and make it less readable and more flowy.

He flopped on his bed and decided to call it a night. He was already tired from the days events, writing a letter was making it even worse.

'Goodnight' he thought to himself.

'And Goodnight to my soon-to-be wife.'

This is rushed bc I have school, it's late, and I have no motivation-