III

Jeonghan screamed at the top of his lungs as the truck slammed against his body, throwing him in the air and on the floor.

The last thing that Seungcheol heard was Jeonghan's scream and the screeching sound of the truck's tires gliding on the cement road. He stood there, frozen, unable to move.

''No, wait, that's not happening.'' He felt his knees go weak as he made his way towards Jeonghan's body. He fell to his knees in front of him.

''No. No, no, no, no, no. Wake up Jeonghan.'' He shook Jeonghan's body, but he wouldn't move. There was blood coming out of his face and body, but Seungcheol remained persistent with shaking. He was now full-on sobbing, tears falling down his cheeks.

He put his head on Jeonghan's chest, not hearing a heartbeat. He started shaking him again.

''Wake up Jeonghan, this isn't funny!'' He was shaking him, getting blood all over him.

''Hey kid, get away from him!'' The driver yelled while being on the phone. Seungcheol didn't move at all, only getting closer to the younger. He put his hand on his cheek. His skin felt so cold to the touch, almost like he was turning to ice.

''Seungcheol.'' Jeonghan opened his eyes a bit, surprising the older. Seungcheol grabbed his hand, lifting it to his chest. He watched as Jeonghan sighed and his eyes slowly rolled back. His hand fell limp on the floor. Seungcheol again widened his eyes in horror, shaking him. He was turning even colder.

He heard ambulance and police sirens in the background, and the next thing he knew, he was being pushed back by the ambulance, which lifted Jeonghan in a stretcher and put him into the vehicle. Seungcheol was also lifted and put into the vehicle, he turned a little to the side, seeing two people that he assumed were talking to him. He was in too much of a shock to hear anything.

They waved their hands in front of his face, but he just looked down and started crying again. They stopped and assisted Jeonghan further. After a minute he finally came to his right mind, seeing that they pulled out a defibrillator.

''Are we really getting no heartbeat?'' He heard one of the men say, which got an immediate response from the other guys.

''Yes, I'm turning on the defibrillator!'' The man cut Jeonghan's shirt and placed sticker-like things on his bare chest. The machine made a beep before saying something.

''The shock is ready. Continue with CPR if the shock was proven useless.'' The machine spoke and made another beep.

''Wait, he's injured. Should we even use the defibrillator?'' A deep-ish voice said. 

''That's not our main concern right now. If we don't stabilize him, he's going to die from that, not the injuries.'' The other guy replied and the first nurse nodded.

''The shock launching, step away.'' Everyone moved from the table and the stretcher, observing the machine as it made another beep.

''One, two, three, shock'' the machine said and Jeonghan's body shook as the electricity tried to get his heart to start again.

''The patient is safe to touch.'' The machine spoke for the last time before everyone quickly rushed back. Seungcheol just watched as Jeonghan's heartbeat started again, but stopped immediately.

''The patient is still not responding, sir. The shock was useless.'' The man spoke and gave Jeonghan CPR. They put his hands on his chest, pushing on it 30 times before stopping and starting again.

Nothing.

It was useless.

Seungcheol seemed to get in terms of the fact that his life long friend was not alive anymore. He was wondering why the people were even trying to save him. It was useless.

And it was all his fault.

If he hadn't suggested to go to the arcade or even hang out, Jeonghan would be alive.

They tried it again, but it wasn't working.