XVII

''What's up guys? My name is Ryuju, I'm from the Grim Reaper's collections department! A pleasure to meet you!'' The man said enthusiastically as he shook everyone's hands. All of them nodded their heads as Ryuju smiled widely. What does he mean by the collections department?

''Been a while since we had angels here, the last time someone dared to come in resulted in almost half of the library getting destroyed.'' He explained and put his hand on his hip before pushing up his glasses and turning dramatically.

''So what happened then?'' Jeonghan was almost too scared to ask. Ronald sighed as they started walking. The library was humongous. There were about 7 floors and each floor was completely stacked with shelves that contained yellow folders. There was barely enough space to get through. Seokmin's head spun just looking at them. He was also wondering how they could even find anything here.

''What do you think? We got rid of it.'' Ryuju said as his expression turned serious. All of them flinched backward but Ryuju offered them another smile.

''Where was I? Oh right, you came here to look for someone's file, no?'' He put his hand on his chin, thinking.

''Jeon Wonwoo. The name seems familiar, I don't think I was the one that collected him though.'' He sighed and mumbled a light 'well, let's start looking. The angels were quiet the entire time, still scarred from when Ryuju mentioned they 'got rid of the last angel that came here. They pushed Jihoon forward to ask him, but the short man looked at them horrified. The blonde-haired man didn't notice anything and kept walking toward an elevator.

They got in, and soon an uncomfortable silence arose. Seungkwan pushed Jihoon forward so that he bumped into Ryuju. There was no way he was getting out of it now. The man looked down at him and somehow Jihoon felt intimidated.

''So, about earlier. You said there was another angel but you got rid of it... could you explain please?'' He asked and not even a second later Ryuju spoke.

''You don't have to be scared, we won't do anything to you if that's what you're all worried about. That angel was stuck here anyway, she couldn't return to heaven. She wrecked this place so the other reapers had no choice but to kill her. Simple as that.'' Ryuju shrugged with his arms raised.

''Wait, how did she end up being stuck here? Didn't think that could happen.'' Jeonghan looked at Jun who shrugged as well.

''Well Angels are pure and innocent beings, right? They aren't pure and innocent after they kill one or two... or even two dozen people, ?'' The others gasped but no one said anything so they continued standing in the elevator. Soon they started walking toward one of the shelves.

''Besides that, we didn't have a choice. Do you even have an idea what kind of apologies they make us write if people on our own 'to death lists' die before their destined time? Probably wouldn't have the time to finish one in a week.'' Ryuju felt a chill go down his spine when he thought about being forced to sit behind a computer.

''Why do you even need the file?'' Ryuju pushed his glasses up again and fully turned around to face them.

''Well, one of our fellow angels doesn't remember when he died so we thought we could help by finding out and then telling him.'' Ryuju raised his eyebrows and facepalmed.

''I apologize for my choice of words, but are you all actually stupid? It's not going to bring memories back if he doesn't watch the records himself. So that means if you tell him, it's not going to help him at all. He has to come himself.'' They felt stupid, they nodded and sighed.

''Wait, watch records? What do you mean by that?'' Ryuju sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. 

''Every person has something called a cinematic record. It documents the person's life, from when they were born up until their death. A reaper's job is to harvest these records with their death scythe, and after to look through them to determine if the person deserved to die or not, though exemptions are incredibly rarely made. If the reaper thinks it was their time to die, they simply cut the record at the end, and the record finishes.'' He explained. The others nodded in understatement again.

''Could it be possible to bring the file to heaven and then return it?'' Seungkwan asked and stepped forward. Ryuju shook his head.

''This is not like a human library, but of course, it would be possible if the person transporting the records would be a reaper.'' He put his hands on his chin.

''Well, let's go then.'' Ryuju choked and looked at Jihoon who shrugged.

''ME? What, why?'' Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows.

''Well, you're a Grim Reaper, aren't you? So grab the file and come with us.'' Ryuju looked in disbelief at them but finally decided to come with them. He grabbed the file and after they almost exited, he grabbed a red, what looked like a lawn mower.

''What is that?''

''Oh, this is my death scythe. I know it doesn't look like it, but trust me.'' He laughed and they together jumped into the portal.