Chapter 11: No Going Back Now

Noella's POV

I felt like I was getting light-headed. My forehead started sweating. I subconsciously took a seat at the nearest bench and just clutched onto my head, not knowing what to do. I decided to reply to the message, wanting to know who this moron was. 

With trembling hands, I started typing the message.

'Who the fuck are you and what do you want from me?' 

Within a couple of seconds I received a message. 

'I just want you to be dead, sweetheart. And I am someone who you wished you never met. ;)'  

I read the message again and again, not believing one single bit of it. 

Why would anyone want me to be dead? What harm have I ever done to anyone? Who would play such a heinous game with me? 

Nothing but fear was running throughout my body. Millions of questions were running through my mind at the speed of light. My phone rang, startling me. It was Juliette. 

"Hel-hello?" I answered stuttering. 

"Noella, are you okay? Where are you?" she asked, concern evident in her voice. 

Should I tell her? No, I can't let her or anyone get worried for me. They have already done more than enough for me. And honestly, I just don't understand whom to trust at this point. 

"Hello? Are you there, Noe?" she spoke again. 

"Yeah, I am in the washroom. I'll be back." I said and hung up. 

Tears started flowing down my cheeks. I wish my mother was with me at this moment. One embrace from her and every worry in this world seemed to have just disappeared.

I just sat there crying, for a couple of more minutes, just to gather some strength together. I wiped my tears away and got up, once I was convinced that my inner self was a little stable. 

I went towards the cafeteria and my friends were still sitting there, but Spencer was nowhere to be seen. I didn't care where he was, as a lot was already going on in my head. 

"You took your time." Juliette spoke. "And, do you mind, if I asked what happened between you and Spencer? He looked pissed." 

"Nothing, he just had an argument with a guy, when we were outside." I lied through my teeth. 

"He and his temper! I swear it's going to be the death of him one day!" Eric frowned.

He was about to speak up again, but the bell rang, indicating the start of the fourth lecture. 

"Well, we'll meet you after college, near the parking spot, yeah? See you!" Juliette said hugging me. 

I hugged her back, putting up my fake smile. I wasn't feeling anything at the moment. 

"Yeah, see you Noella. Eric said, smiling. "Oh, and it was nice meeting you Ryan! Bye." He said facing Ryan. He waved at them smiling. 

I just stood there staring into an empty space, until Ryan waved his hand in front of me, which brought me back to reality. 

"Are you planning on staying here?" he asked chuckling. I smiled, shaking my head. 

"Let's get going to our classes then. But when should we start our project?" he asked.

I completely forgot about it. "How about tomorrow evening?" I replied. "Fine by me. Your place or mine?" he asked. "Mine?" "Sure. See you then. Bye." He waved at me and we went our separate ways.