Chapter 10: Everything Back To Normal...Or Is It?

Noella’s POV

It’s been 1 week since my discharge. 1 week of house arrest, I would say. Finally, today was the day when I attended college again.

I was sitting in front of my mirror getting ready for college. I was wearing a light pink top and white jeans. I slipped into my black heels and pulled my hair into a high ponytail. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

“Good Morning, dear!” Karla cheered. “Morning, Karla.” I smiled.

I took a seat at the dining table and breakfast was served by Karla. I thanked her and took a bite of the pancakes from my plate. Karla sat down on the opposite chair of mine. She took a sip of her coffee.

“Karla, can you let Mrs. Peterson know that I will be joining from today? I don’t want to delay anymore.” I stated. “But are you completely fine, dear? I don’t want you to be going through any complications.” She responded worried.

“Yes Karla, I am perfectly alright. Don’t worry. Besides I will be just looking after a child, and I don’t think that it is going to cause me stress in any way.” I replied in an assuring tone, gently squeezing her hand. “Okay, I’ll let her know. But promise me you’ll take care of yourself.”

The only common thing in my mother and aunt was their concern for me. Apart from that, they were total opposites, trust me! A smile found its way to my lips by thinking this. “Of course, I’ll take care of myself.” I said. She just nodded smiling.

As soon as I finished my breakfast, I heard the horn of Eric’s car, giving me the cue that it was time to leave.

Eric promised me that he’ll be picking me up every day from today onwards, just like he picks up Juliette and Spencer, so that I won’t have to go through any trouble. And I must say that he’s one stubborn guy, because he did not take no for an answer.

Juliette is one lucky girl to get such a caring guy like Eric.

This past week all the three of them, Juliette, Eric and Spencer, have paid me a visit every single day. We have really grown close together, all four of us, like some kind of team. Especially Juliette. 

She and I have developed this sister bond. One day, when they came to visit me, we all had dinner together and had a lot of fun. That was the best day of my life. I was really grateful to have them in my life, because I have never had a group of friends like this in high school.

In my high school,  it was all about back bitching and bringing each other down. But college was completely opposite of it.

I talked to them and Karla about the assault which I went through in the party. I felt like it was time I talked to them about it , as they had the right to know about it.

I even described what the guy looked like. Turns out it was one of their friend's cousin. They told me to file a complaint about him to the police and I did the same. He was now in jail, all thanks to these amazing people, who made it possible for me and supported me throughout this situation.

Karla and I exchanged our goodbyes and I was headed outside. I found Juliette in the passenger seat and Spencer on the back seat. I opened the door of the back seat and took a seat in there.

“Hey, Noe. You look beautiful!” Juliette said grinning and climbed up and kneeled on the seat so that she could face me. “Thanks, Jules. You look great too.” I said grinning. “What are you waiting for, Captain? Take off!” she said by putting one of her hands on Eric’s shoulders. “Your wish, my command Ma’am!” he responded chuckling.

“You do look very beautiful, my Feisty Queen.” He whispered into my ears. I could feel him smirking. I felt my heart beat rise and my cheeks were all flushed. It was déjà vu. As I looked at him, he was already looking at me, smirking. I just averted my gaze, suddenly taking interest outside the window. I couldn’t help but blush. I heard him laughing.