09- Suspicion and deception

During the day, the training room was much more full. Little droids hummed through the air, shooting blasts for the Jedi to block- blindfolded that is. You jumped out of the way of one and Obi-Wan chuckled,

"You clearly have a lot to learn." he said

"We're going to train here with everyone else?" You asked, ducking as another droid flew over you.

"Of course, is there a problem?"

"I didn't really think anyone would see me..."

Obi-Wan shrugged off his robes, ignoring your complaints. That annoyed you slightly, but you didn't speak of it.

You were stood face-to-face in the centre of the room, lights from above painted Obi-Wan with a softer look, and yet it still managed to highlight the dark circles around his eyes. He didn't look tired, he looked almost like a biblical figure, stood before you with his body positioned, ready to attack.

He was slower to act this time, taking the moments to circle you, watching your every movement and flinch as he deliberately stepped too close for your liking,

"Remember, you said I was allowed to mentor you properly."

"Yes Master Obi-Wan," You said through gritted teeth, spinning round as he continued to encircle you.

His gaze never left you, building up anticipation as he stared you down. You spotted Anakin from across the room, watching you from a distance as Obi-Wan finally lunged for you. You dodged, and Anakin smiled at that.

What was he staring at? You thought as you blocked another attack from Obi-Wan. He leant against the wall, arms crossed as he watched the show unfold. You looked away, embarrassed and frustrated by the idea of him watching you. You knew you would undoubtedly lose to Obi-Wan, and you didn't really want anyone to see. Huffing, you stepped back, shooting Anakin another glare.

"Y/N?" Obi-Wan paused, tilting his head at you,

"I'm fine, keep going."

He nodded, before grasping his lightsabre. You faltered as the blade was ignited, glowing and humming in his hand,

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you."

He spun the blade expertly, wielding it as if were an extension of his own hand rather than a  separate weapon. He swung at you, and you barely escaped the heat of it, the blade buzzing just above your head. Your feet felt unsteady beneath you, threatening to give way as your nerves built with each attack.

"You'll never be able to wear out a Jedi," Said Obi-Wan, "We recover much faster than you, you'll have to defeat them instead."

"How?" You asked, jumping as he swung for your feet,

"First, de-arm me." He spun the sabre again, tossing up in the air to show off what he could do.

The flash of blue made you stop and think, how could you ever take that off him? He seemed so skilled, how would you ever do this? Your eyes cast back to Anakin, who was still watching, smug as ever. You narrowed your eyes and followed the way the lightsabre moved, looking for any moment where you could reach out and grab it.

You saw the opportunity, the small pause in spinning when the blade reached its peak. You outstretched your hand, grabbing for it, but Obi-Wan was quicker. He moved his hand and the lightsabre dropped. Instead of gripping the handle, you barely grazed the shock of blue.

Crying out, you pulled your hand back, eyes clenching shut, a burning pain seared through you. Obi-Wan put the lightsabre away as you fell to your knees, clutching your hand to your chest. Obi-Wan knelt down, and gently took your hand,

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry, are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, I barely touched it."

"Poor thing, I'll get you to the medical room, it looks a nasty burn." He was studying your injury, your palm facing up in his, so much smaller than his own. You flushed at the sensation of his finger tracing the out-skirts of your injury.

~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan helped you walk to the medical room, slowly, still holding your hand up. He was gentle, but he had an almost fascination with your injury, constantly checking to see how it changed during the small walk.

The medical droids were much friendlier, cleaning the burn with a soothing substance before dressing it. You laughed when they asked how you did it, admitting you had tried to grab a Jedi's lightsabre. The droids didn't laugh, and neither did Obi-Wan, who was watching them treat you.

You ended up sitting on a bed, Obi-Wan beside you in an armchair.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yes, Master Obi-Wan, it's nothing."

"You're aloud to be hurt, you know. And you shouldn't laugh about your injuries."

"It's nothing. I'm fine."

He took your hand and rubbed his thumb gently over the bandages,

"I didn't mean to hurt you."

"I know."

"I'll never let any harm come to you again, I promise." He folded your fingers over in your palm, placing his hand on top. It was a gentle gesture, a promise, and you felt content.

You ended up falling asleep on top of the covers, Obi-Wan not leaving your side until you did. It was only a small nap, but when you awoke you found somebody else sat in the chair,

"Master Skywalker?"

"Y/N, are you ok?"

"I wish people would stop asking me that."

"I worry about you,"

"You shouldn't, you saw what happened to me, you saw it wasn't anything major."

He stood up, and you sighed, rubbing your eyes with your good hand. You weren't sure what you thought about him, he seemed to have won the affections of Obi-Wan, but he was yet to convince you. He seemed slightly different to the other Jedi, maybe it was his darker robes, or maybe it was his silent observations, or his annoying little hums. Either way, you were displeased to see him,

"I was only watching to see if you were as talented as Obi-Wan thinks you are," He smiled,

"He said that?" You sat up slightly, interested

"No, but I can sense he likes you. For someone he barely knows, he trusts you a lot. He never liked me that much when we first met."

"Jealous?" You matched his smile with your own,

"No, but I want to know why."

"I don't know why, we just keep bumping into each other."

Anakin hummed, which was still annoying, and seemed to accept your response,

"Fine, I'll ask Obi-Wan why."

He left without another word and you rolled over on the bed, deciding another nap was in order to forget that encounter. If anyone wanted you, they would have to wake you up.