12- Are you sitting comfortably?

The week passed almost without you realising. You spent your time training with Obi-Wan, who taught you far more than you thought necessary. By the end of the week, you even stood a chance in hand to hand combat with him, and you could fire a blaster quite well, hitting your targets with surprising accuracy. Nobody, not even you, expected you to be this well-prepared, especially when Obi-Wan made it extremely clear you would not be doing anything he deemed 'too dangerous'. 

Honestly, you were surprised he agreed at all. He spent an awful amount of the week trying to convince you to change your mind, warning you of the risks and the dangers. It didn't matter how many times he tried, you had your heart set on joining him, and he couldn't do anything to change that. So instead, he scrubbed you up into somewhat of a fighter, making sure you knew how to everything from reading a map to how to properly address the clone troopers you found would be assisting you and Obi-Wan.

He even made you start calling him 'General'.

The training followed by worrying followed by yet more training was almost comforting though. You fell into a routine: waking up at the same time as Obi-Wan (who, despite your best efforts, refused to even let you spend one night on the sofa); going to the canteen for a nutritious, but not amazingly tasting breakfast; training until both of you were sweating and you were panting like an animal before retreating to the library where you and Obi-Wan would trade stories over tea. 

It was nice to have a constant in your life. Before it had been constant drinking, with little bursts of excitement to keep you going, but in the Temple there was the perfect blend of routine with something new everyday. You often made time for Kit, who you had befriended quickly and often joined you in your training sessions to keep you motivated with his encouragement, as well as other Jedi you familiarised yourself with. It was mostly out of politeness, you weren't exactly a 'people person', but then again it didn't seem like many Jedi were either. You learned to recognise certain names and faces, but you rarely stepped out of the bubble of people you actually knew.

That of course meant seeing Anakin more times than you would have liked to. You were relieved to hear he wasn't going you on your mission, but he seemed to have gotten over what happened a lot quicker than you had, which wasn't that surprising.

If Obi-Wan could sense something was off between you, he didn't let on. He simply let Anakin tag along, ignoring your grimace whenever he sat down beside you or intruded on you and Obi-Wan in the library.

You weren't scared of Anakin, you just weren't confident in your ability to not let anything slip. That, and he seemed far too comfortable with you, which was disturbing. Then again, you knew about his wife, something nobody else did, which gave the two of you some sort of bond you couldn't seem to shake. You went along with it, mainly to avoid the awkwardness of exposing him to the council.

~~~~~~~~

When the week was finally up, however, you had no problem leaving Anakin at the Temple. Carrying your bag of personal belongings on your shoulder (clothes as well as a few blasters that the Jedi were kind enough to give you), you pretended to be almost sad to be going.

You were genuinely going to miss Kit, as well as the Temple itself. You were even going to miss Yoda, who sent you off with what was probably supposed to be words of encouragement, but sounded more like something someone below would say after a particularly rough night. 

Obi-Wan gave Anakin a final goodbye, bowed to Master Yoda and hurried you on board. You were off to some planet on the outer rim, and you couldn't wait. Obi-Wan assured you it wasn't anything worth seeing, mostly bogs and rivers, but you were still bouncing in your seat as the ship took off. 

It didn't take long for the 'stay in your seat' rule to be broken as you jumped up and ran to the window. 

"Y/N, please, I don't like flying as it is." Said Obi-Wan as you leaned over beside him to look out on the city.

You were already so high up, and you were only getting higher. It was so beautiful, the buildings shining in the sun, so small and identical from this height. You couldn't even see the streets of the depths from here, though they could probably see you. Would they know it was you in the ship? All those barman you never paid, the people you passed by everyday- would they know? Probably not, but it was nice to imagine it. How jealous they would be! You waved at them, picturing them waving back, which made Obi-Wan laugh.

You laughed along, before reluctantly sitting back down because you could he would not let it go. You gave him an overly-exaggerated salute and sighed, contently watching the clouds pass by.

~~~~~~~~

Being on a ship was not as exciting as you imagined it would be. There were no metal-eating monsters to fight off, no pirates tried to board, even Obi-Wan was boring. He stayed in the cockpit, constantly checking the navigation system and asking every five minutes if you were alright,

"Yes General Obi-Wan, I'm fine." You spun around in your seat, the discovery that the seats span was the most exciting thing so far.

You watched as Obi-Wan flew you away from Coruscant past the stars. It was beautiful, honestly, but not the heart-racing adrenaline-fuelled adventure you hoped it would be. You tried counting them as you went by, but Obi-Wan said it was annoying so you were forced to stop.

"I'm trying to concentrate," He says, adjusting his grip on the wheel, 

"Concentrate on what? There's nothing out there." You pointed at the black abyss, the vacuum you were travelling through blinked with its millions of stars.

"On flying," Obi-Wan frowns, "I don't like it."

"Don't worry Obi-Wan, we're fine." 

You reach out towards his seat with your foot. Testing the waters, you nudge the seat, delighting when it began to spin much like yours. Obi-Wan takes his eyes of the controls before him to glare at you,

"Don't you dare."

You don't reply, just try spinning the chair again, this time in the opposite direction. With no verbal disagreement from Obi-Wan, you push again. Spinning his chair one way then the other, smiling at him as you do so.

He's trying not to smile back, not wanting to give you the satisfaction. He focuses on flying, but his hands are pulled off the wheel as his chair quickly spins. Round and round as you laugh, clapping your hands when you catch a glimpse of Obi-Wan's smile when the chair slows.

"Are you quite finished?" He asks, trying to re-gain control,

"Oh yes, thank you." You point back at the view, "See how nothing bad has happened?"

"What's your point?"

"My point is, you don't have to be serious all the time, General."

"You don't get it do you?" He casts his gaze over you, "Playing around won't get anything done."

"But we're not doing anything anyway! Please, General, can't we at least try and make this a fun trip?" You pleaded with him, and he sighed- defeated.

"Fine."

You met his eye, and he finally allowed himself to smile at you. You smiled back, determined to make this an enjoyable trip, despite how serious Obi-Wan treated it.